Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the dealer/factory fitted rear spolier attach to the car?

Seen some aftermarket types but they seem to just screw on, not sure i like that idea.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have had two professionally fitted & on both occasions they put white tape over the top edge of the tailgate, placed the spoiler over the tape and drew around the ends of the spoiler which left the outline of the spoiler on the tape in the corners. They then drilled through the tailgate within the trace outline. They then removed the tape & applied some black silicone glue to the tailgate area around where you drilled the holes and then placed the spoiler back on the tailgate and then screwed from the inside through the pre-drilled holes. Finally they applied the black silicone over the screw heads as a final seal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stevem.....i see in another thread you had a spoiler supplied and painted, what was the paint job like and was it a good colour match?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, I've used the same people on both occasions and the spray job was colour matched and flawless & fitting was A1 also.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, was it fine to drive it back even though adhesive wasn't set. I may combine this with a trip to Remapper up that way and a family visit to my bros making it justified to her indoors :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any chance you could post a pic or two up of the finish and fixing finish (where they have drilled through), thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts