Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've just bought a 307 SW and I'm going to pick it up next week. I had a question about the optional rear seats.

I understand that the 307 SW has mounting points for adding the additional seats, though the one I have bought only has five seats.

If it was to obtain two extra seats - either from a scrapyard, ebay or wherever, and I put them in the car, would I need to notify this as a change with the DVLA? I'm slightly confused as the 307SW is an MPV as far as I understand, so it isn't as if I am adding seats to the car that are not meant to be there.

I presume that I would also need to notify my insurer.

Are the extra seats worth getting? I'm a Scout leader, and I was thinking that the ability to take a couple more kids to events and stuff would be helpful. I could remove them when they are not in use of course.

Cheers

Ropy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not 100% sure about the UK, but here in Finland, the 307SW is classed as a seven-seater. It has seven mounting points for seats and is EU approved for seven seats. We went over this when we bought it in 2002. We looked at a Ford Mondeo, and was told by a rather honest salesman(!) that although the Mondeo was approved for seven seats, it was still a mod. He recommended we look for a purpose built seven-seater.

Having the extra seats is worth it, if you regularly need more than five. We got only one extra seat, and for a while had a 2/2/2 config, with a gap running up the middle.

A couple of minus points though...
The seats are not fully interchangable. The middle normally-rear seat is narrow, so can only go in the normally-rear middle spot, or right at the back (cargo-space) on the left side. The right side rear (cargo-space) seat only seems to fit there.

Also, the two rear-most seats (cargo space), have virtually no leg room. Anyone over the height of 120cm or so, will be cramped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts