Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wondered if anyone can help. Bought new discs for my dads car (with bearings). New fiscs look identical to the old ones, but when we tried to fit them I found that what looks a bit like an oil seal around the outside of the bearing housing fouls the ABS sensor. Measuring the old and new discs with a vernier, the new one is about 0.2mm larger. The sensor looks a bit like it could be sprung loaded, but won't move. So I am not sure if it should be or if there is any other problem here. How do you get the new discs on?
Any advice or ideas welcome.
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The part that looks 'a bit like an old oil seal' is likely to be the ABS ring. Common and well documented fault on the 307 is corrosion building up between the ABS sensor and the backe plate pushing the sensor closer to the reluctor ring. Remove the sensor, clean away all the rust and refit the sensor making sure the gap is correct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sensor is mounted to the back plate, so its mounting plate is at right angles to the plane of the abs ring. Are you saying the corrosion tips to sensor so its face is no longer parrallel to the abs ring...complicated to explaine what I mean...

Attachments

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
That is exactly what happens it still happens to 308s as we had 1 last week with an ABS fault turns out they had new discs fitted and the garage removed the rings from the discs as they were touching the sensor.

you need to clean the rust BEHIND the sensor where it meets the axle

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have had new rear discs\bearings fitted. No ABS fault previously. Abs light now comes on at about 60mph. Plugged it up Rear left causing the fault. Had a look, it appears the ABS ring/coating has been catching the sensor. Question is, has anybody actually changed the ring itself? Have looked on service box and the part is listed as a 4549 19. Available on ebay from about a tenner. 307 SW 1.6 hdi 90bhp '06 plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts