Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

I got a Peugeot 307Cc 2007 that is running really rich on fuel and i can't figure out the problem!

some of the things that makes me worried:
no engine light is shown.
there is no problem starting the car and keeping it running.
the car doesn't slak or have a bumpy ride or something, it runs clean in other words.
the water temperature doesn't go up to 90 degrees Celsius like it should.. maybe about 75-80 degrees Celsius.

I drove 130km yesterday on the highway, keeping it att 110km/h on the cruise control. on the display it said that it would consume about 6,5L/100km.
when I had drove 130km it had consumed a little more then 1/4 of the tank (about 17L) and that is about 13L/100km thats twice the consumtion..

please help me fix mig Car!!:nono:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi!

I got a Peugeot 307Cc 2007 that is running really rich on fuel and i can't figure out the problem!

some of the things that makes me worried:
no engine light is shown.
there is no problem starting the car and keeping it running.
the car doesn't slak or have a bumpy ride or something, it runs clean in other words.
the water temperature doesn't go up to 90 degrees Celsius like it should.. maybe about 75-80 degrees Celsius.

I drove 130km yesterday on the highway, keeping it att 110km/h on the cruise control. on the display it said that it would consume about 6,5L/100km.
when I had drove 130km it had consumed a little more then 1/4 of the tank (about 17L) and that is about 13L/100km thats twice the consumtion..

please help me fix mig Car!!:nono:
what engine would be a start, then having it pluged into diag and reading codes and looking at live data would not harm http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe its not possible to do 100km/6,5L but it shouldn't do 1,3L/10km.
I should Come about 750-800km on one full tank but right now i will get maybe 400km of a full tank (60L).

Did an diagnostic tonight, and it didn't show any codes at all.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaand you have a leak. Maybe, maybe have the car running for a while in the same place, have the rpm at 3500 for a while... try to find the leak....

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree with daedric,

When running, follow the fuel lines from the tank and check for leaks. Also check under the bonnet. If there was another issue, the diagnostics would have brought it up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got a possible fuel leak too, 1.6 hdi though. Gone from 6L/100km to 7L/100km. Always seems to look a bit wet around the injectors but haven't found the leak yet

·
Registered
596 Posts
If the Onboard computer states that consumption as gone from 6 to 7L/100km, then you probably don't have a leak, but more of a waste. Something for some reason, is causing a increase in fuel consumption. There are plenty of failures that can cause this.

Now, if the OBC still states 6L, but you're measuring 7L by comparing L to KM, then you probably have a leak :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
My onboard computer is usually 3.9-4.4L/100km, but the actual was normally around 6, but recently went up to 7 (after strangely going down to 5 for a couple of fill ups!).

So, perhaps my leak just got worse...

·
Registered
596 Posts
The OBC will not detect a leak in the piping! It will detect only what's being used. If there's a leak/spill in the pipes between the tank and the engine, the OBC will be oblivious to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't found any elak so I went to a mechanic and The say because The temperature is so low, The thermostat is probably not working!
And because of that The car pump in more full to get it hot... And that was The only thing he could Come up with...
I changed The thermostat today and The water comes up to 90 degrees celsius like it should..
Will give you an update in a few days if that helped me!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sooooo....that didn't work out.. My water temperature is 90 degrees celsius like it should be tough... Don't really know what to do know, any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
But wouldn't this acuse on the OBC??
Don't fully understand the question.

If the air filter is dirty and impeding airflow the ecu will increase fuel to the engine to compensate causing the fuel consumption to increase. This will in turn cause the OBC to show more litres/100 kilometers which is what the OP is seeing. It may not be the filter but surely it's better to eliminate or comfirm the easy & obvious things rather than to throw parts at the car that don't need replacing.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The car is "loosing" more fuel than the OBC is measuring.

So, either there's a leak, or perhaps the fuel gauge is badly calibrated/broken. Maybe it believes that the mid tank level is the bottom... So, believe that the tank only has 30L, by spending 130km @ 6.5L/Km, 1/4 of the tank has been spent.

@ OP, Fill the car, do the 100 km test again, and then refill it to check how many litres you can get in the tank. I you actually can get those 13L in the tank, then somehow your car is actually wasting fuel. If you only get about 6/7 (for 100km @ 6.5L/100km) then it's the fuel gauge that's broken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when i had driven about 300km, I refilled the tank to full and i got 45L in the car so thats an average use of 1,5L/10km..... somethings not right then, I don't really know what to do, and i Don't have the money to leave it at a peugeot mechanic...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I understand you.

The the fuel vanishes everytime, or just while driving ?

Leave it at the garage for a weekend, see if you spot a wet spot under the car...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts