Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
53 plate, 2.0 HDI rapier 307

Purchased two months ago, guy reported new battery and starter motor fitted by an auto electrician.

We had no problems since we got it, but while my wife was driving it today the speedo, rev counter all dropped to zero, but it kept driving. When she stopped and took the key out, the engine stopped, but all lights, such as brake, ABS etc were on.

Since then it has been OK, I just tried it.

What could this be?

Manyh thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hello there.

does this happen when you put the clutch down? coming to a stop ie junction? etc... for the first 10-15 mins of driving then ok?

if so i just had this and i hope iv got it fixed today.

with me it turn out to be the throttle body needed cleaning.
if you know much about cars its an easy job if not i advice you to take it to a garage ask them to clean the throttle body and go from there.

a Diagnostic check will not pick it up trust i paid for many lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
ah i have petrol just seen you have Diesel yours could be the turbo Vavle. best bet is take it in and get it check out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is a very interesting topic for me, I've also experienced this problem (the dials dropping to zero as if the car was off) and to make it more worrying it was whilst doing 70 on the motorway.

It hasn't happened for quite some time and I've not really looked into it at all, but reading your post has sparked an interest to get to the bottom of it.

I do have a potential cause for it but I'm keen for someone to give a definitive answer first...then I'll add what I think it could be related to.

FYI: Mine is a 2002 2.0Hdi DTurbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts