Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I recently bought a Peugeot 307 (57 plate) from a Ford dealership in Wimbledon.
Unfortunately the car had a tendencay to drift to the left and some wheel wobble at high speed when I bought it so got the wheels balanced and wheel alignment done at a garage using Hunter equipment, which I hear is very good.
After the alignment the guy showed the me the printout and said that the rear axle is out but is not adjustable, so the thrust angle is off by 0.03 degrees, so he said the car may drift a bit.

As soon as I got on the motorway it was obvious that under acceleration the car starts to drift to the right quite strongly, requiring correction through the steering wheel. The next problem is that when the throttle is lifted slightly the car then wants to wander to the left, requiring more correction. It's a real pain to drive as your constantly correcting the steering wheel to counter act the accelerator pedal. It's definitely linked directly to the application of power to the wheels, not anything else (tramling etc.)

I have phoned the garage and spoken to the guy who said they'll have a look at it (mentioned ball joints and stuff), but I don't feel very hopeful that they will be able to fix it to be honest.

Does anybody hear have any experience of this kind of situation and can offerany advice?

Is it likely to be repairable? Is it likely to be a bent axle? or Chassis? Is it gonna be expensive??

all advice welcome...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a similar problem with a Subaru legacy 2 from 1992
turned out to be the cv joint.

The left side had the problem so the joint was acting like a mild brake on the wheel.

My mechanical knowledge of the peugeot is limited so wait for a forum regular to give better advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts