Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needing some help about my Peugeot 307 1.6 53 plate I am going to turn it to you a project and wanted to know if I can put a bigger engine and gearbox into the engine bay as I've not too good with cars and was wondering if anybody knew what size the bay is and what's bigger engine size I could put into it if anybody has any ideas please can you let me know thank you

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Unless you just fit the most powerful engine/gearbox combination offered as standard you are undertaking major work here.
Not only is there not much room in the engine bay, the transmission must line up exactly as original one did, not many options there. To do much else means re-engineering the car.
It's not like the old days of shoehorning a Rover V8 into a car that had rwd to begin with.
Not forgetting your insurance company might not want to have anything to do with it.

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but modern cars don't lend themselves to modifying. Apart from anything else they have to meet much tighter regulations than back in the day.

Roger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts