Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have had a wee read through of the 307 fault posts in this section! - There are loads as to be expected. I have never had a car with so many faults! needless to say I would just like to get some clearer answers from some knowledgable people so i know which direction to take to fix the problems.

Car - 307 hdi D turbo 110 model. 51 plate, round the world and back mileage of 127,000

1. ABS/EPS fault.
These lights came on and in the beginning no noise, nothing just lights - ALL THE TIME! and bloody beeping... but as time has passed 2-3months, the abs has started kicking in when braking, the tapping abs motion, where the pedal taps the underneath of your foot, also the pedal sometimes drops away from my foot when breaking and in true pug style the grinding noise is also present.

now, i have asked numerous people about this common fault, i believe it is to do with the sensor as all disc's and pad's are fine. the questions i have are

1. Do all the wheels have ABS sensors? If not, which wheels do?
2. Where are the located? i.e near the end of the driveshaft (engine side) or near the wheel ( opposite end of the driveshaft?) and where on the rear wheels?
3. It has been mentioned to me that the abs sensor has an earth strap and this may have become disconnected, is this a possibilty?
4. Will replacing the sensor be the answer to the problem?!?!?! (obviously if the earth strap has nothing to do with the issue)

2nd Issue Engine Coolant top up??

Within the past 3 days I have had the car telling me to top up the engine coolant with yet another annoying beeping and the STOP light flashing. However the coolant is full and the car temperature is normal. Is this possibly just a faulty sensor within the coolant bottle or could it be something more sinister?

3rd issue is this Anti Pollution fault.

Now its not causing any major problems to me, as I know it is a very common fault, and also expensive to fix if given to the pug dealer, something to do with the FAP filter?? It loses power or maybe the turbo doesnt kick in, but it wont rev about 2.5k in 2nd gear. This stops after a while and the car drives as normal. Just wondering if this is something I can ignore and it wont cause many more problems. or is it something i should be getting fixed?

To be honest I would love to sell the car but feel that with all these faults and with 127k on the clock it isn't worth my time or money to try and sell it on. i would rather just run it to the ground, any thoughts on this?!! :lol:

many thanks in advance for any help people may have for me

Sarah :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
ABS Fault

I have just had the ABS fault problem, and touch wood i think i have fixed it, all 4 wheel hubs have ABS sensors, if i was you i would start on the 2 back sensors as these are the ones that are most likely causing you problems, take the wheel off, then remove the brake pads etc....now, unfortunately to get at the sensor, the brake disc has to come off, take the disc off, you will see where the sensor is, take the sensors off the mounting, and give them a thorough clean, baby wipes will do, however, the hub that these sensors read will need cleaning aswell, use thinners on this and wipe away until smooth and clean. try this for the 2 rear sensors and then give it a run out...hopefully this should resolve the problem, if not, try this for the front 2 sensors, if this still doesnt work, you may have a broken sensor that will need replacing, you will need a fault diagnostic reader which links up to your ECU plug. Let me know if this works for you. As for the other questions im not entirely sure....sorry!! although i have heard that the filter can be the cause of the anti pollution problem,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi sarah

my other half also has a 307 hdi which has the abs fault, it happened after he change his disc's and pads and as above i think its because his knocked a sensor, we will be trying to fix ths at the weekend.

I have your answer to your 2nd question though:nod: as have just fixed it on our 307 hdi. You need a new coolant temp sensor, easy to fit if you know your way round a car and only costs £12.:lol:

Hope this helps

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't know about the desiel, but the 307 has been recognised, even by Peugeot, as there worst car ever for quality problems. Here in Finland, when they launched the 308, they made a big deal that it had been through twice as many test-drive miles than before.
What really p!ssed me off, though, are the dealers here, not amitting to certain problems, until the car is out of warrenty, so they do not have to foot the bill for the correcting the fault.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ABS Fault

Hi, I know it's been a while since the last post but did anyone sort the abs/brake grinding problem please???

I have a 2004 Peugeot 307 which went in for its MOT, in order to pass I had the front pads and disks replaced as well as the rear pads. A week or so after this, my brakes started grinding and made the brake pedal shudder, not all the time. I took it back to the garage who said the brakes were fine and couldn't find any faults, since then the ABS light has come on, I took it back again and he put it on one of those fault finding machines, he said it showed up no fault code and reset the light. On the way home the light came back on again and the brakes are still grinding. I've been driving like this for a few weeks now, does anyone know what the problem is please? Am I causing any further damage by continuing to drive the car? It sounds terrible!!

Many Thanks :)

G

·
alloydog said:
I don't know about the desiel, but the 307 has been recognised, even by Peugeot, as there worst car ever for quality problems.
Back in the day I think new phI 405 and phI 306 owners would've rated their cars as far flakier than the 307. The 307 seems to be either awesome or dreadful, with few taking the average middle ground.

Dealers do not pay for warranty work, so fobbing you off beyond the warranty expiry date doesn't save them any money. Indeed, it loses them business as Peugeot or the aftermarket warranty firm (usually Rayan Warranties or Warranty Holdings in the UK) pay the dealer for doing the rectification work. The idea that warranty work costs dealers money is a bullpois myth - it never has, never will.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
chopper1192 said:
Back in the day I think new phI 405 and phI 306 owners would've rated their cars as far flakier than the 307. The 307 seems to be either awesome or dreadful, with few taking the average middle ground.

Dealers do not pay for warranty work, so fobbing you off beyond the warranty expiry date doesn't save them any money. Indeed, it loses them business as Peugeot or the aftermarket warranty firm (usually Rayan Warranties or Warranty Holdings in the UK) pay the dealer for doing the rectification work. The idea that warranty work costs dealers money is a bullpois myth - it never has, never will.
I'm on my 2nd 307 now and the first one was awesome and the 2nd dreadful! It's all good now that it's fixed! Awesome again!:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi there just joined can any 1 help me???????
hi there can some 1 help me please!!! what it is i have just bought a 51 plate peugeot 307 1.4 petror about there weeks ago and everthing thing seemed fine but over the past week i had a msg flash up on the display sayin engine coolant temp to high then flashing stop but would olny do this wen the car is in traffic or moving slow. so i thought what could this be. so i asked my friend who knows a bit about cars he says its a temp sensor located at the right hand side of the egine so i have changed that and also changed the thermostat and i thought that was it and unfortunately it is still cumin up the same on the display. also i have checked the car is not losing any water either does any 1 no if there is another sensor or something what could be causeing this??? thanks for looking

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi thanks for gettin bac and not sure to be honest i no there is a sensor located on the top of the engine but what is this for dont think there is a sensor on the coolant bottle it isnt over heatin as such. but wen its flashin sayin egine coolant to high i have had me hand in the coolant bottle and isnt hot if anything just warm! now if its was over heat that water would be boiling over i would think does any one else have any idea,s?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
It won`t but if theres a faulty coolant sensor you will get this problem.

Maybe one of the other guys can look at your car diagram to see if your car has one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
307 1.6 2004 flat spot

hi does anybody know what could cause a flat spot on low revs or setting of does on motorway aswell but does'nt do it stud still when reving it also lumpy some times when cold help please:nono:

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
hi does anybody know what could cause a flat spot on low revs or setting of does on motorway aswell but does'nt do it stud still when reving it also lumpy some times when cold help please:nono:
Don't you think it would be better starting a new thread for a totally different problem rather than posting here which could hijack the thread. Also a hello message in the welcome forum as a first post would be better etiquette than diving in on someone elses thread. It is also usefull if you give some idea about the car i.e. Age, engine size and whether petrol or diesel.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I would love to know if there are any answers to the 3rd problem, having exactly the same problems.
i have same problem and i am sick of it so i am going to smash the filter out and have the ecu remaped to take it off there, but i have heard if you take the filter of and jet wash it that should work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't you think it would be better starting a new thread for a totally different problem rather than posting here which could hijack the thread. Also a hello message in the welcome forum as a first post would be better etiquette than diving in on someone elses thread. It is also usefull if you give some idea about the car i.e. Age, engine size and whether petrol or diesel.
this post does say 307 proplems ?? why not keep it together??

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
this post does say 307 proplems ?? why not keep it together??
Because answering several different people with several different problems makes the thread lose it's coherence. Also it is the original posters thread and he shouldn't have to trawl through replies that are not relevant to the question he asked.

And finally to put it bluntly, it is impolite to hijack another members thread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.