Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

basically i have owned a peugeot 307 since november last year,its a 2003 307 110 hdi,only 70k.

ok up until feb the car was perfect,no issues at all but then it started having an intermittent starting fault,sometimes it just wouldnt start but would turn over,no engine lights nothing,ok so a few weeks later the car just kept doing it and breaking down on us and each time getting it towed away however by the time it got home or to the garage the bloody thing would start again!

ok after about five episodes of this the car was looked at by an independent and peugeot in norwich and no fault was found at the car would start fine and no other isuues when they had it,grrrrr

ok so then the car was fine again for almost a month with no issues at all the n this week suddenly the car wouldnt start at all!!!

ok so now the car got towed to peugeot in bury st eds,again car wont start at all now but still turns over and no engine lights at all,no electrics down,everything fine other than non start,they say they can not find anything wrong! lol

they have advised a new ecu at £700! (even though they said that may not be the problem),ive already spent £400 things week on it and no further in the loop of what the issue is.........

anybody had a simular issue at all????

i have just bagged a a complete setup from eb*y including a ecu,lock,bsi ,key etc etc for £130 so hopefully peugeot can sort something out of that little lot.

ive heard of these spike issues to the ecu? the garage mentioned it,the car was jump started back in feb when the first bouts of breakdown occured,would this cause the car to meltdown over a period of time?

none of it makes sense!
thank you all in advance for your opinions
Goldy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the various threads I've read over the months, this is most likely to have caused the damage to the ecu/bsi
looks like calling out the recovery company is going to cost me a lot of money then as it was them who jumped it......

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Is it getting a signal from crankshaft ?
Whats the fuel pump reading during cranking ?
theres a lot of questions need answering before sticking in an ecu , is the bsi reading the engine ecu?
is there any question marks in the configurations?
can the car see the key?
is the antenna in the ignition picking up the key?
is the technician looking at the car any good?

D

·
0 Posts
Engine bay fuse box. Have they tried that. Thats where all the engine powersupplies are coming from.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for your replies

i have very limited skills on testing any of this hence why im paying Peugeot £92 per hour to get to the bottom of the problem.

they tell me they are at a loss as to what the issue is,i hope all of the above they have tested before i go down the ecu route!

they said they checked the fuse box and if was ok,they have also charged me two hours labour to check the wiring!

god only knows then.....

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
dont quote me on this but if it was the ecu...wouldnt the car just not work altogether?

what about the immo being faulty? wouldnt that give you issues of not being able to start, cutting out etc? just an idea at best.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hi all

...an intermittent starting fault,sometimes it just wouldnt start but would turn over,no engine lights nothing,ok so a few weeks later the car just kept doing it and breaking down on us and each time getting it towed away however by the time it got home or to the garage the bloody thing would start again!

anybody had a simular issue at all????

Goldy
I'll be watching this thread with great interest. The quoted section above is near identical to what I've faced a couple of times several months ago. The first time, I stalled at a junction and the car just would not start again...the RAC came out, tried several things but had no luck so towed me to a local peugeot garage. Just after they drove away I thought I'd give it a shot before I left the car overnight, and hey presto the car fired almost straight away!!

(Those who may have read another one of my posts, this was a separate time to when I got charged £50 for a fuse!)

The only thing I'd suggest is that towing the car (as opposed to having it lifted onto a flat-bed), seems to solve the problem. Can someone shed some light as to what could have been going on internally to cause this?! Especially since it happened in goldy's case too.

I've not had the problem for quite some time, touch wood!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Reminds me of a problem I had just over a year ago. Car (1.6hdi 110) would randomly cut out while driving and refuse to restart. If left for 10-15 minutes it would restart no problem and drive normally like nothing ever happened. Over the course of a few weeks the occurences got more frequent to the point where I'd be lucky to complete any journey without it happening at least once. On one occasion it failed to restart for 40 minutes and I was just at the point of calling the AA when it decided to start again. After that it also developed a hiccup where the engine would seem to stall only for a second and pick up again.

Not having a clue where to start I just unplugged and re-plugged every electrical connection I could see in the engine bay and never had the same problem since.

I later had the car on diagnostics and among the various codes logged was P0335: engine speed signal absent or incorrect.
Description: as soon as the synchronisation is lost between the engine speed sensor and the camshaft position sensor, the ECU cuts the injection...if synchronisation returns the ECU reactivates the the injections.

I'll never know exactly what the problem was but in my mind the above description fitted well so I put it down to a dodgy connection affecting either the crankshaft or camshaft sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmmn interesting

its so frustrating,especially as it may deem that peugeot have been checking all the wrong things...

they just rely to heavily on the diagnostics plug in
in my case nothing is showing up so they are pointing the finger at the ecu.....

in my opinion they just simply do not know what the problem is so want me to chuck money at it

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts