1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello,

Good evening.

Am based in Dubai.

Am new to the forum. My car 307 is 2006 model and had completed 17,000 KMs in May 2006. Have got it serviced at the authorized service center on 16th May as well. The car was working well till yesterday night.

Today evening when I started and travelled less than 3 KMs, the car started giving a message - STOP - ENGINE TEMPERATURE TOO HIGH. The temperature indicator was sending the needle to the extreme end sometimes and the error was flashing. The moment the error flashed, car aircon was turned off automatically and it was quite warm with the fan only due to local weather conditions. Could not understand the problem but unfortunately all the service centers in UAE were closed as well. They open only on Saturday.

After switching off and leaving the car for 2 hours, when it was switched on again, the error of ENGINE TOO HOT has gone but it showed another error - ANTI POLLUTION FAULT. But the aircon didnt get turned on this time again.

Please help on the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Shivaji.

·
Registered
862 Posts
shivaji said:
Hello,

Good evening.

Am based in Dubai.

Am new to the forum. My car 307 is 2006 model and had completed 17,000 -KMs in May 2006. Have got it serviced at the authorized service center on 16th May as well. The car was working well till yesterday night.

Today evening when I started and travelled less than 3 KMs, the car started giving a message - STOP - ENGINE TEMPERATURE TOO HIGH. The temperature indicator was sending the needle to the extreme end sometimes and the error was flashing. The moment the error flashed, car aircon was turned off automatically and it was quite warm with the fan only due to local weather conditions. Could not understand the problem but unfortunately all the service centers in UAE were closed as well. They open only on Saturday.

After switching off and leaving the car for 2 hours, when it was switched on again, the error of ENGINE TOO HOT has gone but it showed another error - ANTI POLLUTION FAULT. But the aircon didnt get turned on this time again.

Please help on the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Shivaji.
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

OVERHEATING-
-cooling system airlocked
-fault with pressure cap
-not enough coolant
-fault with thermostat
-blocked or restricted radiator
-cooling fan or thermostatic switch faulty
-temperature gauge sender faulty

the anti pollution could be several things as well i am afraid i would get a diagnostic done by peugeot as i find it strange for both faults to follow one after another. Sorry cant be of more help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes :nod: me too planning for visit to the Peugeot service center but only on Saturday as it is weekend tomorrow:mad: . Hope the problem is fixed in short time:D .

Cheers,

Shivaji.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You might have a problem with the lamda sensor in the exhaust. If your car had a software update at its last service,depending on what was downloaded the lamda sensor 'senses' that there is a problem with the emissions and the warning light comes on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts