Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have a peugeot 307 2.0hdi 90bhp model with 93000 miles on the clock and i have an issue at the moment and is really pissing me. the thing is me when you 're on 4 gear doing about 30 mph and then you press more the pedal and the engine starting knocking that you have to lift off and press the pedal in slow and sometimes than is ok and sometimes you have to change gear in depends on the road like if your going up a hill or not. did someone experience this problem?
any help ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Engine mounts I reckon.

the large top one on the left of the engine (if you're standing looking at the engine from the front) and probably the rear one, down the back of the engine.

The one under the battery doesn't seem to get as much abuse as those 2.

I got mine from Mister Auto. They got some crap reviews online, but I've used them twice and had no problems at all. The large top engine mount Peugueot want just shy of £100 for, I got it for £45 - proper Lemforder one as well. Other ones were equally as cheap and the same brand.

·
Registered
437 Posts
4th gear at 30mph and trying to accellerate in a 90bhp.

Try it in 3rd gear at 30mph and accellerate. Do you still get the knocking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think the problem is more coming from the engine , maybe there's a sensor or the egr not the mountings?

·
Registered
399 Posts
4th gear at 30mph and trying to accellerate in a 90bhp.

Try it in 3rd gear at 30mph and accellerate. Do you still get the knocking?
I was just about to say that!
I have the same 2.0hdi 90 and I can't put mine in 4th @ 30mph if I do the revs are too low and it struggles like mad!
I just drive in 3rd @ 30mph
:thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i cant suggest anything different but if you were to get mounts then theres a informative thread above about fitting superior powerflex mounts..

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I was just about to say that!
I have the same 2.0hdi 90 and I can't put mine in 4th @ 30mph if I do the revs are too low and it struggles like mad!
I just drive in 3rd @ 30mph
:thumb:
i used to regularly drive mine at 30 in 5th lol. i have changed my habits now im sure my mpg is better as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts