Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. 2002 307. I have had intermittent power steering problems for 2 months now. it just stops occasionally but always ok if I leave it overnight. I took the pump of and stripped it down at work to major components. The electric side feels perfect, the electronics board you can do nothing with and the mechanical pump also rotated perfectly. there is an adjusting nut inside but I did not touch that. Put it all back together perfect for 5 miles then stopped. Is there anything else I should check before blowing a fortune, where does the pump get its signals from to provide a turn, I just do not know how the system works. I will be gutted to change a pump and get it programmed to find there is a loose sensor or something ??????

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks mate.
the car i brought had a flat battery for a very long time. so i replaced it a drove it to my place. only as i parked up did the ps fail. could the abs pump go out of sync with the ps pump.. the reason i say this is because i have read if you replace the ps pump with another unit then it needs to be configured or synced with bsi/abs

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi
Well not sure what has happened, I got a 2nd hand one off e bay, fitted it in under an hour, not hard at all, even managed to collect oil from u/s one as I changed that to try and cure original fault, plugged it in and it worked instantly, maybe they do not need switching on if from another car ??????????????

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks for your input
im waiting for a second hand one to arrive in the post. asked a peugeot technician who said as long as wheel size is the same as the car it came off from then it dont need re-config. cheers all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts