Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very strange fault with the Power Steering on my 307.

If I start the car I have no power steering until I have moved about 6ft after that it works perfectly.

If I was to turn the ignition off and restart the car, i would get the same issue again.

With the wheels jacked up, one revolution is not enough to have the power steering engage.

All connections including ABS loom fine, fluid is fine, just this annoying fault.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Check the oil level in servo pump, check the high pressure hose connection on servo pump. Run the car in spot for 20-30 min and rotate wheel from time to time, do you get any leaking beneath the car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a mechanic coming Thursday to Drain Flush and refill and bleed

Is there anything else that might cause it.

It just seems like a switch is turned on after you move about 6ft and it comes on. If I trun the engine off and start again, it does the same thing.

Is this what a blockage could do, just on the start up when car is standing still?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
If battery has been done, then maybe the alternator isn't putting out enough charge.
Starting the car will drain a fair bit from the battery, and being an electric steering setup would sort of make sense it is power related.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hav been and had the Battery and Alternator checked, both are fine, so not a power issue from that side.

D

·
0 Posts
Check the powersuppky leads onto the electric pump motor.
It sounds like a pump problem though.
Draining and refilling is i reckon a waste of money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well draining, flushing and refilling with bleeding failed to sort it, pump seems fine and all connections.

I just cant understand it, it likes a switch comes on after 6ft of moving and it engages. :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have same problem in my car can you hlep

If I start the car I have no power steering until I have moved about 6ft after that it works perfectly.

If I was to turn the ignition off and restart the car, i would get the same issue again.

With the wheels jacked up, one revolution is not enough to have the power steering engage.

All connections including ABS loom fine, fluid is fine, just this annoying fault.

Any ideas ?
dear sir
i have same problem in my car can you hlep
how did you solve yours
mofeed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Power Steering Issue

Hi, flushing it and replacing did not work.

The last advice I had, was to take to Peugeot and get them to check on the computer to why it was not coming on.

I decided I had enough, and bought a new German made Skoda Fabia and part exchanged my most favourite 307 :(

Sorry I cant be much more help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for bringing this old topic back. I am having the exact same problem on a 2005 307 SW 2.0 HDI 136bhp, left-hand drive. It`s becoming impossible to get out of a parallel parking and i worry for my safety and about a possible total failure while cornering.

Has anyone else figured out this problem? Thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Any ideas ?

Hello friend I'm having the same issue now
Did you get any solution?

P

·
0 Posts
I had power steering issues on 306. Turned out aux belt was on way out along with battery. Replaced both and never troubled me again.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts