Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to this forum be kind please :)
i presume this is the right place to put this, even though my 307 is a 3 door.
I've not long bought a 53 plate 307 hdi 110 d turbo with 70k on the clock.
The car when its running well is very good enjoying it.
However occasionally there has been power loss when in normal running but mostly when the coolant temp is just off minimum there is a complete power loss, 40mph becomes a struggle. it feels as though there is no turbo at all. There is no excess smoke and no engine warning lights but the loss is very obvious.
I know a bit about cars as i work with them every day but am not over familiar with this engine and as yet i havent been able to look at it. Is the turbo actuation electronic, if it is are there problems with them? Are there any other common engine faults i should be looking out for?
Many thanks for any responses that could help.

·
Registered
862 Posts
hillbilly11113 said:
hi new to this forum be kind please :)
i presume this is the right place to put this, even though my 307 is a 3 door.
I've not long bought a 53 plate 307 hdi 110 d turbo with 70k on the clock.
The car when its running well is very good enjoying it.
However occasionally there has been power loss when in normal running but mostly when the coolant temp is just off minimum there is a complete power loss, 40mph becomes a struggle. it feels as though there is no turbo at all. There is no excess smoke and no engine warning lights but the loss is very obvious.
I know a bit about cars as i work with them every day but am not over familiar with this engine and as yet i havent been able to look at it. Is the turbo actuation electronic, if it is are there problems with them? Are there any other common engine faults i should be looking out for?
Many thanks for any responses that could help.

Hi and welcome to the forum :clap

It might be a problem with the map sensor (manifold pressure sensor) that would be worth a check.

Also the 307 has had numerous recalls there is a list on this site you should have a look at that as well. Just about everything on this car is electronic.

·
Registered
862 Posts
hillbilly11113 said:
thought it would all be electronic, ty for posts. Good job im an auto electrician

Glad to hear it mate hopefully you will be able to help out here when you can. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts