Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst driving diwn a country rd today all of a sudden I lost power and car Stopped , tried to restart the engine woundt turn over after about 4 attempts I gave up and was about to phone rac out , thought I would look at engine as there was no warning lights displayed and could smell petrol , looked attained petrol pipe coming from back of cylinder head and traced it round to a pipe that had come off with a square end / clip , clipped it back on and engine fire up at first attempt has anybody else known this pipe to come off ? .

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Whilst driving diwn a country rd today all of a sudden I lost power and car Stopped , tried to restart the engine woundt turn over after about 4 attempts I gave up and was about to phone rac out , thought I would look at engine as there was no warning lights displayed and could smell petrol , looked attained petrol pipe coming from back of cylinder head and traced it round to a pipe that had come off with a square end / clip , clipped it back on and engine fire up at first attempt has anybody else known this pipe to come off ? .
I would make sure that pipe is fastened properly as this could cause a fire

·
Registered
884 Posts
These squeeze and click plastic petrol pipes are horrible,what was wrong with jubilee clips and hoses? (or am I showing my age).

Normally if it has not been properly "clicked home" after dismantling the pipe will pop off as soon as the engine fires up.

Why it suddenly came off while driving is a mystery?unless it was straight after work been done ?? To be on the safe side replace it all. As said above its not a good idea to have petrol over a hot engine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know , no work had been carried out to the clip , I was going diwn a very bumpy rs so it might have been loose to start with and shook it self loose , since clipping back on and on the way back my mpg Was great averaging 50mpg on motorway

·
Registered
884 Posts
If the pipe and fittings are in good condition no amount of bumps and vibrations would make it fall off.
Be on the safe side and fit a new pipe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for advise , i checked it yesterday and gave it a good pull numerous times and didnt come off , maybe its never been fitted properly since my last service or work on car ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts