Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

For the last 3 months I had my front passenger near side door intermittently have a locking issue whereby I would lock the car with the plip and then when coming to unlock, all doors unlock bar the passenger one from the outside. Interior works fine.

To cure the issue above I locked the car again and immediately unlocked it.

However, now this happens all the time guaranteed. To clarify here is a summary of my problem;

- All doors lock fine as expected by the remote plip
- All doors work fine by opening from the inside handle
- All doors successfully unlock apart from the passenger front door which fails to open from the exteror handle but works from the inside
- Once the front passenger door has been unlocked and opened from the inside, the exterior handle works as normal again until the next time the car is locked.

I took the door card off the other day and lubricated the door motor / lock and it helped temporarily. However 1 week later it is back to normal. Therefore I am going to replace the door lock motor next weekend as I am pretty certain it is either this or the linkage rods worn.

Anyone come across this one before?

Matt

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Evening all,

For the last 3 months I had my front passenger near side door intermittently have a locking issue whereby I would lock the car with the plip and then when coming to unlock, all doors unlock bar the passenger one from the outside. Interior works fine.

To cure the issue above I locked the car again and immediately unlocked it.

However, now this happens all the time guaranteed. To clarify here is a summary of my problem;

- All doors lock fine as expected by the remote plip
- All doors work fine by opening from the inside handle
- All doors successfully unlock apart from the passenger front door which fails to open from the exteror handle but works from the inside
- Once the front passenger door has been unlocked and opened from the inside, the exterior handle works as normal again until the next time the car is locked.

I took the door card off the other day and lubricated the door motor / lock and it helped temporarily. However 1 week later it is back to normal. Therefore I am going to replace the door lock motor next weekend as I am pretty certain it is either this or the linkage rods worn.

Anyone come across this one before?

Matt
not come across this before but i have had 3 locks fail at the same time and unable to unlock from inside or out even with key on drivers door it would not unlock, what is strange with yours is that you can open from inside.

if you sit in car and lock with key (not the button on dash ) can you open drivers door if so then your car does not have dead locks enabled in bsi if not then can you open passenger door

D

·
0 Posts
The locks give trouble on 307. Its not a strange issue. Water get into them.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
A lot of manufacturers use door lock mechanisms that work in a similar fashion in that locking the door simply moves a piece internally so that the external handle will not release the catch but the internal handle functions normally. Deadlocking then stops the internal handle opening the door. The lock mechanisms usually have quite a few small plastic pieces which wear and finally break. I had something similar on a Renault Laguna but in my case, it wouldn't open from the inside either. Replacing the locking mechanism was the only option once I finally figured out how to get the door open.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine used to do this exactly as you described but hasn't done it for well over a year now and I don't know why.

If I unlocked the car and my passenger couldn't get in, i would press the lock button on the remote with the drivers door open. This would make all the locks lock and unlock and then they could get in. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replaced the door lock motor the other day and it solved the issue.

Very strange but the fault is now gone.

Took me 10 mins to switch over and while I was at it used black silicone to seal the handle sealing sheet also to prevent further ingress in future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Door lock fault

Hi matt,

I'm having exactly the same problem. Please let me know if you replaced the door lock motor and if it was effective. Seems to be linked to the automatic door locking system but your explanation would make sense as it works intermittently suggesting need for lubrication or replacement motor.

My mechanic found this post so hopefully we can do the same and report back so others don;t spend so much time trying to rectify!

Thanks

Russ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts