Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Occasionally when I start my car, it says 'passenger airbag deactivated' with the light on the dash, as though ive turned that switch on the centre console.

Switching the car off and on cures this, but being a safety system im a little concerned. Presumably bad connection somewhere - any ideas?

Also, does anyone bother getting airbag systems replaced which I understand you're supposed to do every X years?

D

·
0 Posts
Hi,

Occasionally when I start my car, it says 'passenger airbag deactivated' with the light on the dash, as though ive turned that switch on the centre console.

Switching the car off and on cures this, but being a safety system im a little concerned. Presumably bad connection somewhere - any ideas?

Also, does anyone bother getting airbag systems replaced which I understand you're supposed to do every X years?
You'll only get a fault code from the airbag ecu when the light is on.
The airbag system is self diagnosing ie codes disappear if the faults disappear.

S

·
0 Posts
Happens to me as well, only when the car cranks for an unusually long time before starting (winter starts for instance)

Wouldnt worry about it, its one of those odd little gremlins!

As mentioned only worry if the airbag light is on :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts