Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a 307 2.0 hdi 90 no a/c
i have a prob with it saying it over heating i have put a new temp sensor and a thermosat in it
but it is still the same iv been told the fan may not be clicking in at the right time also been told it is duel speed ? can any one tell me what temp the fan should
kick in at
thankx

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
I always found that the 2.0 hdi runs cooler than most engines around 75-80 degrees where as my wife's tdi leon runs around 90 degrees as most other cars I've had seem to. What temp is showing on the dash? I think the fan kicks in around 85-90 degrees.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi its runing around 92 no fan working then when it gets to 110 the fan kicks in
its not using any water been told that the 307 has a 2 speed fan
it does not look like its clicking in at the fist speed

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
inbed79 said:
hi its runing around 92 no fan working then when it gets to 110 the fan kicks in
its not using any water been told that the 307 has a 2 speed fan
it does not look like its clicking in at the fist speed
Sounds bad to me. I've never seen my gauge over 90! I would definately get that sorted! Although I would see if I could pick up one of the cheap multimeters with the temp sensor. Stick it in the radiator matrix to see if it's close to what the gauge in the car says just in case thats the problem!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem, it was something to do with the fan motor had exploded, cant remember what peugeot said but had whole fan unit changed. problem sorted. will try and fineout what it cost.:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts