Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if the outside temp sensor in the wing mirror has anything to do with the engine running or starting

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the auto folding function turned off in my 308 and it affected the outside temperature sensor functioning which in turn made my engine fan run at all speeds below 40kmh. So, it might do! It does throw up faults in DiagBox as well so check to see if there is anything related to your issue via this route.

The exterior temp sensor also contributes to exactly when your engine fan should turn on in terms of operating temperatures.

I eventually just restored the mirror auto-folding functionality and problem was resolved.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the auto folding function turned off in my 308 and it affected the outside temperature sensor functioning which in turn made my engine fan run at all speeds below 40kmh. So, it might do! It does throw up faults in DiagBox as well so check to see if there is anything related to your issue via this route.

The exterior temp sensor also contributes to exactly when your engine fan should turn on in terms of operating temperatures.

I eventually just restored the mirror auto-folding functionality and problem was resolved.
I only ask because I know mine is giving incorrect readings and if it would affect engine then maybe I will change it as it may save me fuel

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, perhaps. The techie at the dealership who sorted my car out explained how connected everything in the vehicle was, so it might be worth trying it out if it isnt too pricey / onerous.

Let's see if anyone else can weigh in here who might have experienced something similar...

·
11,778 Posts
Mine was faulty, but didn't affect the car at all.

You can disable it in Planet, might be worth giving that a try.

They're not that great or accurate to be honest, they get reflected heat directed onto them from the door panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts