Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFy86ByUNWo&feature=em-upload_owner
The noise only happens now and again, its not at every cold start up for some reason, but its starting to happen a little more often now. when ever i dab the throttle for the slightest rev it will go away and when the car has moved for about 5 meters the noise is gone for good till it is started up a few hours after or possible days. i wonder if it is a belt, every time i got to look under the bonnet it would go away :/, i also wonder if it could be the dual mass flywheel which i know gives a lot of trouble on these cars but it sounds to be more on the side with the belt? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for looking :) theres the link guys at the top.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Be patient, this is a forum, not a helpline.

Not all 307's have a dual mass flywheel, in fact I believe only the 110hp diesels did.
Try having the bonnet up next time you do a cold start and be looking under the bonnet when someone else starts it for you.
I doubt it is belt trouble, perhaps a bad engine mounting?.

Roger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes mines has the flywheel since it's the 110 bhp, if it was an engine mount would it not make the squeak all the time, it's strange because it doesn't always make the sound on start up and when the engine is warm such as driving and starting around the town it will not do it, only when the car wasn't started in a while, thanks for the reply by the way

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine did sound like that when DMF went but I'm only 1 person.

Do a search on here for DMF and see what you find. May even find a few of others videos.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good thinking man I must check it out after work, I'll see what people have up if it sounds any simalier, must get if fixed asap since the cars going to be doing a hell of a lot of driving once September comes

·
Registered
647 Posts
Crankshaft pulley? Which side of the engine would you say the noise is coming from? Obviously in the video all the noise is on the right but phone mic's aren't very good! Try removing the aux belt and starting it. If the noise goes then it's with the pulleys or the tensioner.

·
Registered
101 Posts
as above , remove aux belt and see if noise goes away , it could also be the camshaft tensioner or idle pulley , particularly if only the belt was changed last time

·
5,669 Posts
Also worth checking the clutch on alternator pulley while belt is off as they can generate noise when failing or seized

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so was looking under the bonnet when the car was started, and yes its looking to be one of the pullys or the idler. car is in everyday use now and isnt making it anymore

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi sorry to high jack the thread but i have a similar sounding problem. it appears only to be when it's cold, on tick over. the tensioner for the aux belt seems to be jumping up and down a hell of a lot and making a rattle/squeaking noise. We changed the belt as the tensioner seemed ok , ran smooth when spun. It has air con but it doesn't work(probably needs re-charging but live in Scotland so probably not worth it) so my other thought was could you bypass the air con and have a shorter belt? might this solve the problem or is it something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts