Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an issue with front offside indicators not working at al, the near side work perfectly. So far I have checked bulbs, connectors and bulb holders all seem good. I have tried a working comms just incase and also tried a bsi reset and nothing seems to work. I got the a diagnostic done and no faults on bsi or comms units. Has anyone had this issue before and have an idea where to go from here?

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
If the indicator is in the headlight my guess is the contacts for the bulb are burnt out and not getting a good connection seen this a few times over the years its not always obvious till you look closely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2005 1.4 hdi, none of the indicators are working. I could test wiring from the bsi but not sure which connector is the the signal lights

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should have made clear that none the off side indicators work, even when hazards are on or unlocking/locking door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked the connectors on bsi and all seem good no corrosion I could see. Unless there is another connector causing short. Will check the wiring and maybe follow it to any other connectors are there. I would assume the wires from lights go straight to the bsi

·
6,000 Posts
There are 3 separate feeds from the BSI one to each lamp shown on the generic diagram in the Haynes Manual. Issue may be BSI related.

Have you tried removing all bulbs and then try each one in turn in case there is an issue with a bulb grounding circuit but not blowing fuse. Faulty hazard switch also cause a multitude of issues when they fail

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have tried removing them one by one. I not tried replacing hazard switch. I do have another 307 around, may try changing switch just to make it's not that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I changed the hazard switch still the same. Checked the feeds from bsi connector block, all the bulbs worked when 12v was applied to feed. I then replaced bsi from another similar 307 without starting, put on hazard warning lights and all the indicators are working. This would suggest an internal fault with bsi, faulty solid state relay or a short.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Yes looks like it so either swap the whole ecu set from doner car or virginise the good BSI and reprogram key etc to it replacing the full ecu set by far quickest and easiest option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, my solution to the problem and may help others. I could not find a suitable ecu kit, would be the easiest way. I disassembled the bsi and got friend with solder rework experience to remove the motherboard away from really/fuse assembly. You have to remove the lacquer of the board as it makes it abit easier to work with solder(anything like lacquer thinners or acetone works). Quick inspection found that a chip had blown probably due to a short circuit. The chip is an infineon BTS840S2 and bit of googling found it was a signal control ic with integrated solid state relay. I got a similar bsi from scrappy and simply switched the ic. Helps if you know someone with solder rework equipment, although fairly cheap enough to buy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts