Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 53plate 1.4 petrol 307 style that will not start (my Sons).

Car was driving fine, it died at a junction no warning just engine stopped, since will not crank with key. Battery is ok, tried a new battery no change, replaced starter motor no change. Car will bump start but after starting will not charge from alternator, and battery drains.
When you turn the key after being away a while you get a slight click then nothing, no matter how many times you turn the key. All fuses in good order.
I am looking for suggestions from you nice people.

BR Glenn

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 53plate 1.4 petrol 307 style that will not start (my Sons).

Car was driving fine, it died at a junction no warning just engine stopped, since will not crank with key. Battery is ok, tried a new battery no change, replaced starter motor no change. Car will bump start but after starting will not charge from alternator, and battery drains.
When you turn the key after being away a while you get a slight click then nothing, no matter how many times you turn the key. All fuses in good order.
I am looking for suggestions from you nice people.

BR Glenn
Check engine earth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies I will have a look on the morrow, have been told by my son and Dad that they did this but same as everything else better to do it yourself:nod:

Glenn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted

Hi all just to wrap this up, I checked the earth leads today, cable fine but there was a 640 ohm resistance to the engine through corrosion of the earth on the gearbox. A quick scrub sorted it out, thanks for the suggestions.

I will kick both my son and dad up the arse for telling me they had checked it.

BR Glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts