Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Ive seen this problem sort of everywhere but doesn't exactly describe my problem.
I have a peugeot 307 2.0 sw.
Last week i changed my radio from standard to my old one from last car.
The radio wouldn't save so changed the wires round and problem solved, so i thought.
the radio would switch on whenever i opened the door or unlocked it which means ive connected it to something else and it is draining battery, anyway few hours later the battery must have got drained so much it has went in to economy mode. but the battery must have been drained so much that it just wouldn't start.

So charged the battery overnight tried next morning still nothing, tried spraying easy start in to the air filter part while turning over sounded like it was just about to go but never made the final push.

friend came over who knew a bit about cars and tested a few things but still nothing. Things tried were as follows

towed to 30 mile to try and crank it to start nothing
checked fuel pump part located in back seat all fine
checked fuel filter pipes fuel is coming out fast
checked the belts all seem fine and none have jumped
the only thing of note was that one of the injectors was only releasing fuel very slowly and very little to what it should actually do.

The car has not got the economy mode active anymore but still wont turn over. Saw some problems similar but not identical to mine as i do believe that draining the battery has caused the problem but dont know what tbh.

Tried the bsi reset but not sure if i was doing correct. as when your told to turn the key is it one turn or right round to just before engaing to start and should the doors lock when you hold in the lock button for ten seconds.

any help pointer ideas would be a great help

thanks very much

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi all

Ive seen this problem sort of everywhere but doesn't exactly describe my problem.
I have a peugeot 307 2.0 sw.
Last week i changed my radio from standard to my old one from last car.
The radio wouldn't save so changed the wires round and problem solved, so i thought.
the radio would switch on whenever i opened the door or unlocked it which means ive connected it to something else and it is draining battery, anyway few hours later the battery must have got drained so much it has went in to economy mode. but the battery must have been drained so much that it just wouldn't start.

So charged the battery overnight tried next morning still nothing, tried spraying easy start in to the air filter part while turning over sounded like it was just about to go but never made the final push.

friend came over who knew a bit about cars and tested a few things but still nothing. Things tried were as follows

towed to 30 mile to try and crank it to start nothing
checked fuel pump part located in back seat all fine
checked fuel filter pipes fuel is coming out fast
checked the belts all seem fine and none have jumped
the only thing of note was that one of the injectors was only releasing fuel very slowly and very little to what it should actually do.

The car has not got the economy mode active anymore but still wont turn over. Saw some problems similar but not identical to mine as i do believe that draining the battery has caused the problem but dont know what tbh.

Tried the bsi reset but not sure if i was doing correct. as when your told to turn the key is it one turn or right round to just before engaing to start and should the doors lock when you hold in the lock button for ten seconds.

any help pointer ideas would be a great help

thanks very much
im confused you say the car wont turn over but then you say the car will turn over but not start

if you try start then turn car off leaving key in ignition and open the drivers door does it beep to say you left key in if not the car is not seeing the bsi and you need to get it on planet

if you read the forum introductions then you would know this answer without posting as you should have then done a search this has been covered many times before

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im confused you say the car wont turn over but then you say the car will turn over but not start

if you try start then turn car off leaving key in ignition and open the drivers door does it beep to say you left key in if not the car is not seeing the bsi and you need to get it on planet

if you read the forum introductions then you would know this answer without posting as you should have then done a search this has been covered many times before
Sorry about the search but the ones i read were sort of like mine but because i had changed the radio i thought it may have been a different problem.
And bad wording on my part the car turns over but wont start.
And thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
What year is it ?
Petrol or Diesel?

I'm guessing that it's pre facelift and the cable that appears to be the switched live is not an ignition switched live but is controlled by the BSI so radio will stay on when key is removed and also come on when the doors are unlocked. There is a true ignition switched live next to the BSI controlled wire which can be used. This has been covered many times.

If the battery drained then the BSI may have lost the transponder codes for your key(S) so will need them reprogramming using Planet.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year is it ?
Petrol or Diesel?

I'm guessing that it's pre facelift and the cable that appears to be the switched live is not an ignition switched live but is controlled by the BSI so radio will stay on when key is removed and also come on when the doors are unlocked. There is a true ignition switched live next to the BSI controlled wire which can be used. This has been covered many times.

If the battery drained then the BSI may have lost the transponder codes for your key(S) so will need them reprogramming using Planet.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

Thanks very much.
apologies for repeat post to what seems a common fault but until now any post similar hadn't mentioned the key code being the problem.

P

·
0 Posts
if it's not beeping then it's not recognising key, will need syncing back to car.

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
Central locking is nothing to do with it the code is for the immobiliser you say you have read the forums its a well documented problem with 307s and radio swaps !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THATS YOUR PROBLEM then the keys need recoded as the flat battery has scrubbed them OR you have blown a fuse somewhere with your wiring.
Central locking is nothing to do with it the code is for the immobiliser you say you have read the forums its a well documented problem with 307s and radio swaps !!
Right superb. and yes read about it and had varying ways to deal with it from crank sensor to starter problem.
So do i just have to take it to a garage that has equipment to reprogramme key ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you fill in your profile properly with your location then we would know where you are and someone local may offer to help no need to go to dealer
Done im from glasgow, had a look at peugeot planet and closest is Falkirk.
I think it was you actually or are you in fife

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, we have 110 hp Peugeot 307 HDI 2003 For some time there is a problem with the startimg. Trying to start the engine and a click sound and everything turns off like the battery is flat. We have to remove the two terminals of the battery to lock and unlock the car and then start again and will go. Does anyone have any ideas where the problem is and how it can be resolved? Is it the starter motor? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Hello, we have 110 hp Peugeot 307 HDI 2003 For some time there is a problem with the startimg. Trying to start the engine and a click sound and everything turns off like the battery is flat. We have to remove the two terminals of the battery to lock and unlock the car and then start again and will go. Does anyone have any ideas where the problem is and how it can be resolved? Is it the starter motor? Thanks in advance!
Check all the earths for corrosion and that they are all tight. Could be a dodgy starter. Failing that, try a new battery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts