Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 1.4 HDI 51 plate

Still a non starter. I’m trying to see if it’s an injector issue and have a replacement injector (2nd hand). I have swapped this for the number 1 injector and still no start.

It will however start after a quick blast of damp start and runs sweet as a nut. All the heater plugs have been replaced and seem to be fine. If you let it stand for a few minutes it will not start again.

Nothing obvious comes up on the PP2000, I think I have coded the injector in to the ECU but if anyone has the method of how to do this on the PP2000 then I would appreciate any instruction on how to do it.

I’m going to swap each injector over to see if it makes a difference

Any ideas of what it might be...

By the way – I assume that it should still start without having the air box on the top – I don’t see the point of putting the whole thing back together, only to remove it again if it wont go. Can I leave off the EGR pipe too (as it a chew to put back on all the time)

P

·
0 Posts
When my 306 was like this, turned out to be bad glow plugs even though they were new. Bought better quality ones and fixed instantly.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I don’t think it’s a glow plug issue as when the car is hot it still wont start after a short time

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Definitely NOT glowplugs but swapping injectors without a valid reason is a waste of time

Open egr might cause issues though but should still start

Use planet to read live data while cranking and post up results for cam and crank sync fuel pressure engine speed could well be holed fuel pies drawing air or dodgy primer bulb try priming while cranking.

P

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
As the air box is off I assume you have checked the fuel pipes underneath it for chafing?, this is a very common problem on the 1.4 HDI . The plastic pipe guides rub holes in the fuel pipe allowing air to be sucked in and the fuel to drain back to the tank when the engine has stopped. Have you tried giving the primer bulb a few squeezes before attempting to start? The bulb should always be full of fuel, if it feels empty then the fuel has drained back into the tank.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have checked the fuel pipes and they seem fine and I have tries pumping the bulb before starting but the problem is still there.

This problem seemed to go for quite a while and the car started fine, then it got more and more difficult until it now wont start at all - cant help but think that its a simple thing that I'm missing.

I'll have a play tomorrow and post anything new.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tried the new injector in port 2 this time - no difference, still a non starter - but a slight squirt of damp start and off she goes.

Going to try a 'leak off' test on them next. Could it be that one of the injectors is faulty which is enough to stop the car from starting, but not enough to effect it one its running... :confused:

·
Registered
311 Posts
something like this happened to one of mine with the 1.4hdi engine the fuel would go back in to the tank over night, wouldn't start in the morning without priming the bulb and often a bit of easy start,turned out to be a bad cam sensor, bad battery, a bad one way valve in the bulb and worn push fit connecters on the diesel filter letting air in, and with the battery not able to spin the engine enough to reach the minimum pressure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts