Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry to ask this question on a Sunday. I have a 307 with a bit of a problem, the car will not start or turn over after the tailgate had been left open for a long time. The battery was flat. Removed and replaced with a new battery and tried correct procedure but still locked in economy mode. There is no fault codes showing with diagnostic. I can get the relay to click for a short time before the system then goes back to economy mode. Any help would be very much apricated.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Economy mode is not a problem and will disappear as soon as the engine fires up. It is a system to try and prevent the battery being drained too much and shuts down non essential electrical circuits.

Which diagnostic are you using? Many cannot read all the ecu's in a Peugeot.

With a new battery but not cranking it could be a faulty starter, bad connection to the starter or a bad earth between the battery / chassis / gearbox.

What year is the car and what engine is in it? these details may affect the possible causes along with reliable resolution suggestions. One last thing to check is with the doors closed, try and start the car, turn the ignition off but leave the key in the barrel and open the drivers door. DFoes the car chime to remind you to remove the keys or not. If it doesn't chime then the key will need to be reprogrammed to the car. This won't prevent it turning over but will prevent it firing up once the engine starts to turn over with the ignition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Storeman, thanks for coming back to me. I am now a bit tied up with something going on but I will get back to you with more info tomorrow.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
As storeman says its not stuck in economy mode the non starting is the REASON for economy mode

Your description is vauge does the starter turn but engine wont fire as in start or does it not even turn over on the starter ie NOTHING happens when you turn the key they are 2 very different things with different possible reasons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts