Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is a video of my 307 HDi 90bhp. This is with the cat and exhaust disconnected so that you can hear the turbo better. Doesn't sound right to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing?

Hey,

This is a bit odd. I have a 307 HDi year 2001 ~110 Hp Fap that recently started to make the same kind of sound. I first changed the plastic tubes from the intercooler thing that goes in to the Turbo (thinking its cracked since we saw a mini scratch on it and oil leaking ).
But it still makes the same sound. Kind of a whistle sound especially when i drive not on spot.
could it be the Turbo that its getting old or is it broken? Is is something that we can do to solve it?

Thanks and Sorry for posting here but maybe someone knows how to fix it:-s

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently had my turbo changed, the last one was pretty tore up on exhaust side and oil went everywhere. The new turbo has done 200 miles, do you think i'd be ok to drive the car around? I've contacted the garage and there clueless (270 miles away so can't take it back). I've contacted turbo soloutions and am awaiting a reply

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so spent the morning taking the turbo off yesterday. Garage took 8 days to remove turbo source a replacement and fit it. They told me they had to remove the engine to do it. Took me 1 and half hours to remove and 1 half hours to refit.
Anyway turbo looked fine so I'm struggling now.
I made a note of parameters out of tolerance;
---------------------------Idle---2000rpm
Measured Air Flow----------280----320-mg/impulse
Air Flow setting-------------280----320-mg/impulse
EGR valve electrovalve OCR--71-----65-%
EGR throttle electrovalve----58------55-%
pre-injection advance--------8------12-degrees
main injection advance-----(-3)------0-degrees

Gonna try blanking off EGR.

·
11,780 Posts
I've come across a similar issue - a whistle when you press the accelerator, it rises when you press the pedal further.

However, if you use cruise control to accelerate there's no whistle.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of vacuum system on the accelerator?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you ever solve this? My 807 2.0 hdi rht sounds very similar (and also had a replacement turbo after 1st one failed).

Any suggestions gratefully received!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine whistles but there is a sort of aqueeky chirpy noise right across the turbo rev range. Also if I rev it up on the spot there is a chirp as the revs come back down. If anything, mine sounds worse then the vid, ive noticed people turn around to see whats coming! :D

I wondered if its some sort or wastegate / VNT noise. There is no play in the spindle of the replacement turbo. Its only been on a few days but its driving me mad!

D

·
0 Posts
Lads your all worrying about nothing. Turbos whistle, thats they're characterstic. Keep the oil changed and they'll be fine. Bad servicing is the single most cause of turbo failure.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
24 Posts
I might try and get a recording of mine - it definitely shouldn't sound like that! Literally, pedestrians turn around to look and see whats coming! :eek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lads your all worrying about nothing. Turbos whistle, thats they're characterstic. Keep the oil changed and they'll be fine. Bad servicing is the single most cause of turbo failure.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Id agree with the above, nothing wrong with the turbo in the vid. They all whistle, even more so with exhaust off or an aftermarket exhaust. Main cause of turbo failure is shite oil/oil pressure/lack of servicing as said above

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but can I have an opinion on mine as well!? Its done less than 200 miles since the second hand turbo was fitted. I'm starting to wonder if its actually a blow somewhere maybe an intercooler pipe or a manifold / frontpipe blow?

It sounds a bit noisey at idle, a sort of ticking that fits with a slight manifold blow?

I can hear the whistle loud and clear in the car whilst driving. I don't know if the video does it justice but its definitely louder than it should be! It does sound a bit like a belt squeel but I have had the aux belt off and its still there. Help!

http://youtu.be/2_VFtkeLsx0

·
Registered
151 Posts
The ticking at idle sounds like the exhaust manifold gasket blowing or cracked manifold. The squealing sounds naughty but is probably related? Jack it up and look for soot patches around the manifold.

·
5,886 Posts
I allways wait about 1 min at idle before driving off after starting to allow oil flow to build up turbo to start spooling up and wait the same time when stopped before switching off to allow turbo to spool down before the oil flow stops.

Poor oil condition and lack of oil pressure to floating bearings is what kill turbos. Original turbo still going strong at 178K on my 307

1 - 15 of 15 Posts