Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to read the faults on a 307 this evening that is refusing to start - turns over, but won't start. The owner has recently changed the sump & radiator, and since doing so, the car won't start.

When connecting with Planet, the VIN wasn't recognisable and needed to be manually entered. A global scan produces faults (see attached) for the engine ECU. Hopefully someone can point us in the right direction how to address them. Note: the instrument panel wasn't connected.

Now for the odd things...
We tried to recode the keys based on previous threads, however, this wasn't successful, and it stated that the BSI was blank and needed programming. After looking into the BSI, it was somewhat rather confused. The VIN wasn't set (now done and being recognised when starting PP) and numerous other parameters were set completely wrong. Now the battery has been disconnected for 6wks or so... could this have caused the BSI to lose all its settings?
After manually going through each one line by line, the keys still won't code and it still says the BSI is blank. We have also found that the front elec windows and mirrors won't work anymore.
What can be wrong with the BSI guys?? I've read somewhere before of certain things, like the windows not working, happening to people before, but don't know the solution. Can't do a proper BSI reset procedure as the car won't start.

Any suggestions gratefully received :thumb:

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has something shorted off the battery positive?
Is there rpm in parameter measurements when cranking?
What engine?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has something shorted off the battery positive?
Is there rpm in parameter measurements when cranking?
What engine?
1 - can't say
2 - haven't looked at parameters whilst cranking
3 - 2.0 petrol (2002 model)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check rpm on cranking first.
Then check to see if the ecu is unlocked when the ign is on.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine ECU is readable, as shown by the faults attached above.
Its the BSI that looks to have gone all to pot for some reason.

Reason we looked to recode the keys is that the immobiliser light is on, and the remote no longer works for central locking. If the keys needed coding to the car, would it still turn over, but just not start?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it would turn over. Make sure when training keys to have a battery charger attached. Battery voltage is supposed to be 12.5v + when training keys.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought it was meant to be that sort of voltage, which is why I said to the owner that coding the keys may not work anyway as the voltage was only showing 11.9volts.

Would the low voltage do anything to explain why it believes the BSI is blank when programming keys? Or why it seems to have lost the plot?

Will get it fully charged, try coding the keys again, and monitor cranking rpm.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought it was meant to be that sort of voltage, which is why I said to the owner that coding the keys may not work anyway as the voltage was only showing 11.9volts.

Would the low voltage do anything to explain why it believes the BSI is blank when programming keys? Or why it seems to have lost the plot?

Will get it fully charged, try coding the keys again, and monitor cranking rpm.
Yes. This could be the problem.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update....

Been back today, armed with full car specs for ensuring the BSI was setup correctly, and having the battery charged. Tried to code the key, again nothing, just says BSI is blank. Thought we'd give it a whirl in the learning/initialisation section of the BSI. Entered the key code for the engine immobiliser... it would appear it was this that was blank, not the entire BSI. So after telling the BSI the code, reloading PP, it was then possible to code the key to the car :thumb:

Bit of a power boost from another battery, and the car fired up, and everything working as per it should be.... jobs a good 'un :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts