Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm an independent mechanic in West Africa and recently had this 2008 Peugeot 307 brought with lots of problems which included a corrupted BSI and a generic ECU. I swapped out the BSI, ECU and Keys from another car, now the engine runs well, locks, wipers fan all works but I have no luck with the power windows.
Ive cleaned the contacts chased all the wires for breaks and shorts, have Bat+ and Good ground at each regulator, but the window only moves about a mm at a time in 5 short increments than waits a few seconds to repeat that pattern which takes about 30 minutes just to get the window closed. In Bsi the scanner reads the correct window commands; drivers up/down manual/auto etc. so it seems the door switch is sending the right info to the BSI.

When I connect the scanner (GScanII) and go into drivers door module without doing any thing else the window moves several inches at a time and can be reset and the auto functions work on both windows as long as I leave the scanner plugged in. Even if I start and stop the car numerous times it does not repeat its folly until I disconnect the scanner.

One other piece of info the passenger button on the drivers door module never does anything, and the lights in both switches flicker on and off at night when lights are on.
Thanks for any advice. Parts are often a problem here so Im

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
The scanner is probably taking over the control so those items that are playing up is probably them that are causing your fault. Are they able to be taken apart and checked?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the modules have been taken apart before but I did it again and cleaned the contact points with contact cleaner. Still no difference. I did notice on the red wire coming into the module theres 2.5v with out the scanner plugged in and Bat+ 12v when I'm plugged in. So I suspect a minnor short in the module that is limiting the voltage needed to send a clear signal back to the BSI but I have no diagram which would be very helpful. I'll try finding another master switch to see if the problem can be sorted..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts