Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got my Peugeot Planet diagnostics kit and I wanted to activate the cruise control on my car but it's not showing up in the ECU. The ECU is a RHY Siemens SID 801, does this mean I can't have cruise control on this ECU?

I've attached a couple of pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can't fully remember as it was a couple of years ago now but I think I had to go into a section of pp2000 that dealt with new car preparation first before it showed in the ecu programming.

Have a general look around it there.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't fully remember as it was a couple of years ago now but I think I had to go into a section of pp2000 that dealt with new car preparation first before it showed in the ecu programming.

Have a general look around it there.

Hope this helps
I can't see anything in the new car preparation section regarding cruise control :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks a bit different to mine, If you activate 'speed regulation' do you get more menu options (second page?)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately not, I've activated speed regulation and configured it but no new options are shown. If I go to test by function and then driver aids I see "cruise control option ABS." And "Cruise control option ESP." But they seem to be the only options relating to cruise control

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's another section it needs to be enabled first. BSI?
I've set speed regulation to present in both the ECU and BSI and configured. It's still not showing. Does the cruise control stalk have to be present for it to show in the ECU? Probably a stupid question but I don't currently have the cruise control stalk plugged in to the connector

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've answered my own question. Still nothing after installing the cruise control stalk, I'm just going to assume my ECU isn't programmed for cruise control

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go to BSI->Configuration first and enable cruise control in there.
I've been through every menu in the BSI and ECU and I can't find it.

BSI

ECU

It's frustrating me because when I go in to Test by ECU > Driver information/communication > Switching module below steering wheel (COM 2000) > Parameter measurements > Cruise control it recognises when the cruise control buttons are being pressed on the stalk.

Without buttons pressed

With buttons pressed

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After a bit of digging on Google I have found out from the 406 owners club forum that the speed regulation setting in the ECU and BSI is actually the cruise control options. But they're talking about a break switch, clutch switch and some wiring.

Does anyone know the entire list of things needed for cruise control to function?

·
Registered
11/2017 308SW 1.6hdi 120cv
785 Posts
Yeah, you missed the basics.

Let's try what i rememer. First, and i assume you got a UK car, on the passenger side, there should be a set of switches, activated by levers attached to the clutch and brake pedal.

I wish i could show you a photo, but i can't find it.

There should be 1 switch for the clutch, and a set of two or a two-in-one switch for the brakes. IF you're missing any of these, CC won't work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, you missed the basics.

Let's try what i rememer. First, and i assume you got a UK car, on the passenger side, there should be a set of switches, activated by levers attached to the clutch and brake pedal.

I wish i could show you a photo, but i can't find it.

There should be 1 switch for the clutch, and a set of two or a two-in-one switch for the brakes. IF you're missing any of these, CC won't work.
This is my passenger side under the cover. It's the first thing I checked because I was following this thread

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...-153/how-retrofit-cruise-control-307-a-22476/

I don't know if this switch is what you're talking about with the 4 wires coming out of?

Attachments

·
Registered
11/2017 308SW 1.6hdi 120cv
785 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
I don't know if this switch is what you're talking about with the 4 wires coming out of?
yep thats the dual brake switch,

i think every car has a clutch switch for the injection cut-off but just check up above the clutch pedal itself 2 black wires i think but colours not really important.

you also need a cruise or cruise/limiter stalk on the steering column.

then you will need planet to go into the ECU and BSI and configure the car for cruise control

in the BSI I THINK THERES 4 TYPES OF CRUISE CONTROL DEPENDING ON THE AGE OF THE CAR
TYPE 1A
TYPE 1B
TYPE 2
TYPE 2 with limiter

its just a case of picking one and trying it till you find which type works on your car,some cars display CC on the dash but CC doesnt work,other cars dont display anything but CC works all depends on the car and its age :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep thats the dual brake switch,

i think every car has a clutch switch for the injection cut-off but just check up above the clutch pedal itself 2 black wires i think but colours not really important.

you also need a cruise or cruise/limiter stalk on the steering column.

then you will need planet to go into the ECU and BSI and configure the car for cruise control

in the BSI I THINK THERES 4 TYPES OF CRUISE CONTROL DEPENDING ON THE AGE OF THE CAR
TYPE 1A
TYPE 1B
TYPE 2
TYPE 2 with limiter

its just a case of picking one and trying it till you find which type works on your car,some cars display CC on the dash but CC doesnt work,other cars dont display anything but CC works all depends on the car and its age :)
I'll check the clutch tomorrow. I have a stalk fitted and the cruise control option in the Siemens SID 801 ECU is called "Speed regulation." I have it enabled in both the ECU and BSI but cruise control doesn't work in 4th or 5th gear. So I have no idea what the problem is with my car

·
Registered
696 Posts
have you tried selecting each of the different types???
type 1a,1b,type 2 etc..
have read somewhere on this forum too that some guys have had to do a bsi reset after changing types before they got cruise to work

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There is no different types with the Siemens ECU, just speed regulation present or absent. I configured the changes but I'll try a BSI reset too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts