Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads, lads, lads... (And lasses if we have any)

We have had a fair few of these "modification suggestion" threads (I myself posting 2) and we don't get very far. Let's get proper stuck into this one and milk what we can so that someone can join and say "I have £20, I want to make my car look sweet".

For that I'd say get some chrome strip, dustcaps & a couple stickers.

A few quid extra a gear knob & gaiter

For a full LED rehaul inside your motor, you'll get it well within £30 (Footwell lights, dash, MFD, Climate control, window switches etc)

This thread should be for telling people what we have done with our motors, and asking generally would something else be a good idea... So for example:

I can help out (along with John, Betty, Stubbo and a few others) with LED questions, or chrome strip questions, tints etc. - but I want to know if a blue powder coated aluminium "Performance Grill" would be nice on my motor, and if it'd be easy to replace the standard plastic one (click here)

So can we get this thread thriving with 307 mods & assistance please?

Anybody, ask ANY question here and worst case you should get the best guesses from a few experienced people.

Also, anyone that has done ANYTHING to your motor, just tell us all, and briefly how you did it

:thumb: howay the lads!

·
5,042 Posts
Lads, lads, lads... (And lasses if we have any)

Anybody, ask ANY question here and worst case you should get the best guesses from a few experienced people.

:thumb: howay the lads!
ive got a question Jazz...........................What the feck's that one-eyed centurion i keep seeing in Ferryhill about ????????????

And yes folks you did read it right :lol::lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you have £20 and you want to make a 307 look a bit better?

Only drive it in the dark, and spend the cash on cigs.

·
11,873 Posts
My china blue 307 has a cracked rear light cluster. Rather than getting a like for like replacement I was tempted to invest in Lexus style rear lights.

Good idea or should I act my age?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive got a question Jazz...........................What the feck's that one-eyed centurion i keep seeing in Ferryhill about ????????????

And yes folks you did read it right :lol::lol:
He does it for charity. Granted, he's not right in the head, but I bet he raises a lot of money for the cause he does it for. He's alreet a suppose :D

So, you have £20 and you want to make a 307 look a bit better?

Only drive it in the dark, and spend the cash on cigs.
Nah, I have a little more than that, but just like buying bits n bobs for it.

---Does anybody know the deal with the front grill? Would I be able to swap it for the aluminium mesh with ease?

Gibbo, have you thought about getting OEM lights and getting that perf wrap? I'm still not sure about it, but it may appeal to you if you haven't looked at it yet.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
---Does anybody know the deal with the front grill? Would I be able to swap it for the aluminium mesh with ease?
I just bought bog standard mesh (ie not shaped for 307)

Bumper off, silicon galore at the back, job done!

Might be easier if you get a proper one though that can use the proper fixing positions

·
5,042 Posts
that blue mesh grill that you posted rusts quite quickly, my son bought some for a radiator cover for a motorbike and it only lasted a couple of months before the rust started.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think I've said this elsewhere, but i think the 307 looks best with subtle upgrades. Lexus lights and bumpers modelled on Dan Dare's space ship are a chav's delight, but a sensible chaps nightmare.

Discrete, and cheap is the way forward. Bigger alloys from a higher spec 307, or even a 308. Higher spec seats, leather steering wheel, styled mudflaps, SP spoiler and grille. The sort of stuff you can pick up cheap off ebay with patience and persistence.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bought bog standard mesh (ie not shaped for 307)

Bumper off, silicon galore at the back, job done!

Might be easier if you get a proper one though that can use the proper fixing positions
I wonder.. If I pulled my current grille off, and cut out the insides, and then bodge up the mesh. would that work?

If what Trem is saying is correct and it rusts, I'm not going to be chuffed like. Maybe it literally is just "powder coated" rather than the actual process of powder coating :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts