Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Im new to this forum and am really hopping someone here can help me!

ive got a 2003 307 1.4 petrol, there are multiple warning lights on the dash cluster and on the center console. the messages appear on start up saying: brake fault, abs fault, air bag fault, anti pollution fault and my speedo doesn't work either - its stuck at 10mph - on the cluster itself there is the small brake warning light and a STOP light illuminated.

also note the front brake rotors are warped and give a bad shudder when braking.

i have retrieved trouble code descriptions they are as follows:

-CAN: communication, engine - ABS (U1113)
-rear right wheel speed sensor; implausible (present)
-recirculation pump ABS/ASR, open/short circuit to B+/ground (present)
-recirculation pump ABS/ASR; mechanically blocked (present)
-wheel speed sensor (present)
-left front wheel speed sensor; implausible (present)
-left rear wheel speed sensor; implausible (present)

-left front satellite (present)

-road speed, information received faulty - intermittent

Can anyone give me some advice on where to start? ive heard alot about the wheel speed sensors giving trouble on these with an incorrect air gap but this seems like to many brake related codes to be that simple.

any feedback would be much appreciated!

thanks

Tom :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm no expert, but I've had trouble with my ABS pump in the past. Mine was seized and had to be replaced. If I were you, I would start by checking the connection to the ABS pump, water gets in to the connection and causes problems because of its location in the nearside wheel arch. When you get rid of the pump fault then move on to the sensors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I had a look earlier and I checked the connection to the pump. No water or corrosion damage. I checked continuity between the wiring harness and the pump connector for left rear and both front wheel speed sensors - got dark outside so had to call it a day. Will check the other one tomorrow.

Any other thoughts?

Does anyone know how the vehicle speed is registered for the speedo?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think I'm correct in saying that the speed is read from the ABS sensors on each wheel, and if you have three or more faulty sensors, the speedo won't work. You appear to have three sensors with faults, but I think it's unlikely that three have failed at the same time. It sounds as if you have a faulty ABS ECU, but as I said before, I'm no expert.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for that. I'll try by checking the other sensor and go from there.

Any other ideas would be appreciated :)

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts