Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Will my 307 pass MOT with abs fault on dash?

When the car has stood for a while then starts the brakes shudder and grind after 5 mins the esp esr fault comes on dash then work fine (lights stay on dash) had check by local guy at garage who said fault is at rear wheels. :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
In short id say yes.
Most likely corrosion built up behind the wheel speed sensors at the rear. Huge problem on UK cars from all the salt spread on the roads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, Ive read that befor about rust build up just not sure how to do it anyone no of a step by step guide pics would be a great help cheers

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
if the abs kicks in when they do the brake test im pretty sure the mot guy will have to say something.

he may feel its a warped discs or something worse

follow the guide and fix it before it goes for mot

·
5,891 Posts
ABS light on is fail in UK and has been for the last couple of years.

The other good news is from today Air Bag, electric power steering and low brake fluid warnings lights on is also a fail as are non operational steering lock and outside door handles, main beam warning light and some other items such as tow bar electrics.

P

·
0 Posts

The other good news is from today Air Bag, electric power steering and low brake fluid warnings lights on is also a fail as are non operational steering lock and outside door handles, main beam warning light and some other items such as tow bar electrics.
thought they had relaxed air bag one?

P

·
0 Posts
if the abs kicks in when they do the brake test im pretty sure the mot guy will have to say something.

he may feel its a warped discs or something worse

follow the guide and fix it before it goes for mot
the guide is amazing and tbh it's one of the easiest repairs to do. No excuse really...:nono:

·
Registered
399 Posts

What if the dash warning lights did not work? Ie one led went out?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
if it still kicks in on the rolling road they will still feel it. depends on the mot guy as well he may just tell you to get it sorted. if the abs light is a fail its a fail :(

P

·
0 Posts
That's crap! I was going to blank the led's to the abs and unplug the radio display.
The brakes work its just the abs that don't and I can't afford a new pump and fitting
Agree with above, my understanding was they must light up then go out. Is it the pump that's gone or do the sensors need cleaning? So far i've had to clean both rear. Warning flashed up again, quick diagnostic showed was front, so will clean both and that "should" fix. Yet to see anyone who's replaced them yet. Cleaning usually fix's the fault.

·
5,030 Posts
there was rumours that people were wiring up there abs light to say......the battery light so it went of when engine started dunno if its possible tho

P

·
0 Posts
there was rumours that people were wiring up there abs light to say......the battery light so it went of when engine started dunno if its possible tho
Always smile the effort people goto instead of fixing haha

·
11,787 Posts
The brakes work its just the abs that don't and I can't afford a new pump and fitting
The joys of motoring I'm afraid.

And if I were the one to suffer injury to me or my passengers because some driver did a botch to keep his dangerous car on the road I'd have to beat the f**k out of them. Twice just to get my point across.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The joys of motoring I'm afraid.

And if I were the one to suffer injury to me or my passengers because some driver did a botch to keep his dangerous car on the road I'd have to beat the f**k out of them. Twice just to get my point across.
My brakes work it stops the car on a penny! Cars never used to have abs...
And abs only works if people know how to controle the car when used!! As most people just slam on and dont steer.....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Agree with above, my understanding was they must light up then go out. Is it the pump that's gone or do the sensors need cleaning? So far i've had to clean both rear. Warning flashed up again, quick diagnostic showed was front, so will clean both and that "should" fix. Yet to see anyone who's replaced them yet. Cleaning usually fix's the fault.
My fault says pump jamming so its not the sensors mate :(
And trying to get a used pump if hard as there's more than one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts