Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is probably for John, let's see if he's clever enough :p

Basically, the title tells the story, I changed the LEDs and swapped the filter plastic, then replaced everything (even managed to keep the flimsy clips safe!).

Now the display won't display anything. However, if I flash a light on it while it is on I can faintly see the text say the correct radio channel and time etc.

What's the craic? Is there some sort of light within the glass display?

Pics attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha easy...

push on the screen gently and i bet it will show...that should give you an idea to fix it :lol:

in other words, make sure the screen is properly clipped in and right pressure :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope that did not work!

My dad thinks I'm drawing too much power through the LEDs as I bought the quad LED twistys! I don't know why I wanted them that bright, it hurts my eyes when I drive lol

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
obvious answer is obvious

Put your original bulbs back in and see if the screen returns to normal

Looks like they are that bright its drowning out whatever is on the screen!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah that didn't work either Stubbo!

It's really faint unless the sun shines on it...

More filter paper? Does it matter which way round the filter paper was put on?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
try putting another layer of backing to the screen and check to see the one on the screen is attached properly and not leaving any gaps.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right...

I added another layer of the filter paper, and put ONE normal red LED in, and there's no display at all.

It only displays when I counteract it with light (sunlight, torch blah blah).

Is there some other lighting system within the glass display which makes the digital characters stand out from the rest of the display?

As I say, when a light is shone on it from the outside, the information displayed is correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts