Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Had a quick look for a similar thread, but couldn't see one. The main beam on our 307 isn't working, we pull the stalk back to flash or put the main beam on, nothing happens. We get no main beam or any blue indicator on the dash. This is with the lights in on, off or auto mode. They were working when we bought the car a few.weeks ago, but have randomly stopped!

I've checked the fuses under the bonnet in position 12 & 11, but both are in tact. Could it be the bulbs, or would this still show the blue main beam indicator on the dash when used?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would take the stalk out and spray some electrical contact cleaner inside it may just be full off dust if that fails try another stalk it may be faulty

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd check
Bulbs
Fuses
Relay
Wiring
Comm unit
Bsi??
I've checked the fuses, but they were in tact. I was going to check the bulbs next, but not sure this would cause the dash main beam indication light to stop working too.

The relay and wiring sounds a bit too technical for me and I'm not sure what a comm unit or a BSI is tbh. Lol!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sorry comm unit is the stalks bit that does indicators wipers etc.
Bsi is the control unit that does most electrical things apart from the engine i think but i don't know if it controls the lights etc A. On a 02 307. B. At all hence the question marks lol

Maybe check the bulbs and relay then ask somebody to have a go with planet?

·
11,731 Posts
This is how you do a BSI reset - always worth trying for free to cure any odd electrical faults:

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 3 minutes.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts