Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I am pretty new to the group.
Bought a 307 3 weeks ago...had an oil leak which was repaired anyway on Wednesday the engine started making a really loud noise when I hit the revs, I've had it to 2 mechanics who have both said apart from the engine been noisy there isn't a problem :-/ my question is the oil is fine, no lights are flashing on the dash and the only strange noise is the noise the engine is now making.
Which the mechanic said the engine could of been starved of oil. 1) how will I know if the engine is getting oil? 2) could the engine of been starved of oil when there was the leak?

Thankyou in advance.
Btw I don't know much about cars and with me travelling wth kids in the car I'm cautious. :confused:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Is the sound a metallic rattle - like two pieces of metal hitting each other - which increases in frequency and volume with increasing throttle?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a really wierd sound to describe it doesn't sound like metal hitting together. It just sounds like when you have too much revs on...but I don't if that makes sense? I ran the car to the shop this morning and it doesn't seem to be doing in now??

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Keep on top of the oil changes.

As the car is relatively new to yourself - you could just be plain and simple paranoid about any rattle or squeak that appears.

My car makes all sorts of weird noises - just drive and enjoy - and turn the radio up a bit more :):D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts