Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I put a couple of led style indicators in my 307, had to fit load resistors but really nice touch none the less.

My rear tail lights and brake lights I feel are not very bright especially the tail lights. Am I right thinking led style bulbs like these will make them much brighter and will probably last longer than the car itself...

2x 36 LED RED 382 REAR/BRAKE/FOG/REVERSE LIGHT BULB 12V | eBay

Now will these have to have load resistors fitted to them or is that only for the indicators...ive seen these led bulbs that say they are for the canbus system with built in resistors but they are expensive...do I need em....:confused:

CANBUS 382 P21W 1156, 44 SMD LED - ERROR FREE BULBS - WHITE or RED | eBay

·
Registered
857 Posts
A while back I put a couple of led style indicators in my 307, had to fit load resistors but really nice touch none the less.

My rear tail lights and brake lights I feel are not very bright especially the tail lights. Am I right thinking led style bulbs like these will make them much brighter and will probably last longer than the car itself...

2x 36 LED RED 382 REAR/BRAKE/FOG/REVERSE LIGHT BULB 12V | eBay

Now will these have to have load resistors fitted to them or is that only for the indicators...ive seen these led bulbs that say they are for the canbus system with built in resistors but they are expensive...do I need em....:confused:

CANBUS 382 P21W 1156, 44 SMD LED - ERROR FREE BULBS - WHITE or RED | eBay
Hi
Yes LED bulbs will be much brighter and will last much longer than standard bulbs.
You don't need resistors to fit those rear tail lights.
And you don't need CAN BUS bulbs either on a 307. these are for cars that come up with errors on the dash when the bulb isn't working...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The indicators dont allow led bulbs as when I fitted the led bulbs they would quick flash as if they were not present.

I presume this is down to the indicator relay and I wont have to worry about that with the brake and tail bulbs...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts