Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here and need some help i bought a 51 plate 307 2.0 HDI knowing it needed a few bits doing. 1st i replaced the rear hub as the abs was playing up, 2nd i replaced the MAF sensor and lastly i changed all filters and oil. I have taken the undercarriage guard off to acess the full length of the exhaust as it seemed to be making a lot of noise, (The roads round by us are shocking) i thought that maybe i rubber had come off or something.

Everything looks and feels ok but the noise is still there. Any Ideas?

Also i could do with a full service manual anybody know where i can get one in PDF? and will it contain part numbers for stuff?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
is the knocking comming from the front around tyres ect? if it is could be your drop links if you replace them and its still the same its new ball joints time i replaced the drop links, ball joints and anti roll bar bush and its been nose free :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hard to tell really it almost feels to be under the hand brake that's what made of think of the exhaust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks john, are these the ally parts between the exhaust and body? if so the back one had three of the four bolts pulled through. i sorted that thinking it was the shield knocking against the exhaust but doesn't seen to have solved it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with CMax, the problem with noises from a worn drop link is that they travel acoustically throughout the chasis of the car so its hard to determine exactly where they are actually coming from. Drop links are also the cheapest and easiest option to eliminate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts