Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The the unlock pad on the key fob for my 2005 307 2.0hdi fell out a few days ago. So I bought an online replacement, just the fob and a blade, not the circuit board. I swapped it over yesterday, then I found that it would unlock and lock perfectly well, but the engine would only crank and not start.
So I put the old fob back, and now it starts as well as ever.
I only swapped the fob, the blade was different to mine. I'm baffled, the fob has no electronics, the only moving parts are the lock and unlock buttons which work perfectly, but the engine simply will not start with the new fob.
Do I need a particular fob, and if so how can I identify the right one?
I can still unlock the car by pressing a pen or the arm from my specs on the button, but I fear this would easily be damaged.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest you need to sync the new FoB with the immobiliser.

See if this is helpful
I don't get it. The only parts of the new fob I've used are the two plastic halves and the supplied screw. I used the original blade and pcb. When I put it together again using the original plastic halves it works just fine.

Roger.

·
9,733 Posts
You have not swapped the transponder from the old case at a guess. You may have the older key where the immobiliser transponder in not on the circuit board

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have not swapped the transponder from the old case at a guess. You may have the older key where the immobiliser transponder in not on the circuit board

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
That makes sense Windy. So next question: Where would the immobiliser transponder be?

Roger.

·
9,733 Posts
It will be in the bottom part of the shell near the key blade it's normally a black odd shaped block like the below picture

Rectangle Font Fashion accessory Electric blue Metal

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will be in the bottom part of the shell near the key blade it's normally a black odd shaped block like the below picture

View attachment 101594
So it is! :) I swapped it all over again, this time including the transponder. Now I have a fully functioning key again. Thanks Windy, I never knew it was there. This is the sort of thing the forum is all about imo. I wonder how many have given up and spent £££ getting a new key set up?

Roger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts