Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps,my 307 2.0 110 hdi broke aux belt yesterday and wrapped itself around can pulley!my wife was driving it at the time and it stopped dead and won't start.cannot get anyone to look at it until after Xmas,now the belt feels loose but is intact,I suspect it has jumped the timing.can anyone tell me whether the valves wud be bent on this now??obviously I'm hoping not......and is there any simple checks I can do to check this? Thanks paul

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know ,timing cudent be worse(ex the pun!), I'm just guessing it has slipped ,rang my mechanic and the first thing they said was "bent valves" ect as most mechanics would say I suppose,if DAT is the case I'll probably look for replacement engine when money allows,wat id to get done is tension the belt time it and see if i can it running,then put a timing kit on it...I'm am just hoping that a new timing belt kit would solve it ,if anyone is near Fermanagh sect please let me know.....the worst part is not knowing wat damage is done...must add turned over by hand and "seems" to be good compression ....

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
NO BENT VALVES

Do not let anyone remove head its not necessary remove rocker cover look inside you will see broken rockers that's all except new belts etc and probably best to do water pump

Engine is fine just rockers at worst sometimes just a new belt !!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Which pulley has it wrapped itself around as the aux belt doesn't go near the cam pulley (and this pulley is covered in any case). Has it wrapped around the crank pulley at the bottom of the engine?

Check to see if the timing marks still align and take the timing belt cover off to look at the belt itself

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Which pulley has it wrapped itself around as the aux belt doesn't go near the cam pulley (and this pulley is covered in any case). Has it wrapped around the crank pulley at the bottom of the engine?

Check to see if the timing marks still align and take the timing belt cover off to look at the belt itself
It wraps itself round the bottom crank pulley and throws the timing out of sync its a very common occurrence I do at least 1 a month its a simple fix on the 8 valve but on the 16 valvers it can be a headache :)

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Sometimes it can happen with a good belt !!

Tensioner seizing idler seizing aircon pulley falling to bits all can throw the aux belt off its not always neglect :)

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Not all drivers hear the tell tale noises of imminent failure though or choose to ignore :)

I done the same job twice on the same car within a month as i told him he needed a new tensioner and he never done it !!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NO BENT VALVES

Do not let anyone remove head its not necessary remove rocker cover look inside you will see broken rockers that's all except new belts etc and probably best to do water pump

Will check DAT Thursday and report back,I hope or right mate thanks,thanks for replays..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It wraps itself round the bottom crank pulley and throws the timing out of sync its a very common occurrence I do at least 1 a month its a simple fix on the 8 valve but on the 16 valvers it can be a headache :)
The cam pulley because the cover was broke,I believe wen belt was done the lazy sod broke the cover,the aux dident brake it frayed at edge,I think I got most of it out now,I'll report back wen I get rocker off and have a look,thanks guys and merry Xmas!

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Its the black plastic section you want to remove and look inside torx bolts or hex depends on age all the rockers should look the same if some are broken you will see them

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NO BENT VALVES

Hi mate,All the rockers are broke can u advise me from here?

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Join the club i just done 16 today on 1 of our taxis :)

You need 8 good rockers/lifters and you need to remove the next bit of the rocker cover the next bit is alloy 8mm bolts i think ! once this is off you can then lift out the camshaft remove all the broken bits replace rockers and camshaft and rebuild new belt check tensioner and aircon pulleys etc and bobs you uncle :)

I can supply you with good used parts if you cannot locate them but they are usually available from parts suppliers

Still no bent valves :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

You need 8 good rockers/lifters and you need to remove the next bit of the rocker cover the next bit is alloy 8mm bolts i think ! once this is off you can then lift out the camshaft remove all the broken bits replace rockers and camshaft and rebuild new belt check tensioner and aircon pulleys etc and bobs you uncle :)

I can supply you with good used parts if you cannot locate them but they are usually available from parts suppliers

Brilliant mate can u pm me a price on a set of rockers and if u can post too and do them PayPal,thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

? No pm yet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts