Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 55 reg 307 diesel estate, since I bought it in august it has juddered, it was under warranty for 3 months and spent more time with the garage than me during that time, but they couldn't find a problem!

It was juddering in 2nd-5th gears, feeling like it was holding back, losing power almost and my mpg kept dropping.
The garage originally told me that it doesn't have a diesel filter, only a dpf, which they did a computer regeneration on the dpf, plugged it into a fault finder (sorry don't know technical terms!) which showed no faults... They thought it may be the turbo, so did something with that (were very cagey to explain anything in laymans terms to me!), after messing with the turbo it seemed to behave for a while, only juddering a tiny bit every now and again, and not to the extent it had been (it had been shaking the whole car)

About 6 weeks ago the clutch finally gave up, so it had a new clutch and fly wheel, behaved for a couple of days and now it is juddering in the same gears again, again, not so violently, but is driving very sluggishly.

I've now had the diesel filter, pollen filter and air filter changed, however it was discovered that the intake pipe that should lead to the air filter is missing, so that is the next job to be done.

Could it be the missing pipe causing these problems? Or does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Assuming its the 1.6hdi issue could be EGR valve. There are lots of posts on here that deal with "juddering" and different causes.
You need to get faults read with planet is there any one close to you on the map?

Easy way to check your EGR is just plug it out and see how car drives. You will have engine manangement light on but ignore it and see if the juddering is gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm based in peterborough, did spot someone with planet, however it isnt registering any management lights or anything so didn't know if any faults would show up or not.

It is the 1.6 hdi. Getting so frustrated with it now :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Still worth getting it read as you wont always have a fault showing.. Like i said try unpluging egr and see how you get on, very common problem on the 1.6hdi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts