Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 307 HDI 2.0l 8v 110bhp its got a bad judder when pulling away,Its already had a solid flywheel replacement including new clutch.also new engine mounts but still the same what the hell else can it be?Any help would be much appreciated as Im at my wits end.It had the judder so replaced the clutch with new and exactly the same then took if off again and replaced the flywheel,then the mounts,then the crank pulley and aux belt and tensioner and timing belt and guess what exactly the same,somebody out there must have an idea?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've just had a bit of judder when setting off turns out front struts and coil overs were the cause. Still have clutch issues but think that's a noisy release bearing!!

Hope you find the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a cheap one from euro car parts but as I said I only changed it because of the judder there wasnt anything wrong with the old clutch which was a Sach

D

·
0 Posts
To be honest you get what you pay for. The best clutches are LUK. My opinion that is.
Does the clutch pedal feel odd when you press it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clutch pedal feels fine its the same with the new clutch as it was with the old one so it aint that was thinking maybe its the gearbox input shaft spline worn?

·
11,780 Posts
It could be a lot of things. I was looking at a 307SW for my dad which had clutch judder. The clutch had been replaced but the garage said it was just oil that needed to be burnt off.

The judder didn't "burn off" and when the seller took it back the garage didn't want to know.

The seller couldn't be bothered to try and sort it, so stuck it on Ebay. It never fetched the classified price of £900 and he only had offers of £400.

Quite odd really because the mileage was decent for a 53 plate, condition was excellent and it had 11 months test and 5 months tax.

D

·
0 Posts
In fairness I don't know how some garages do business. There are some who haven't a clue and do the worst of work and still people go to them.

Garage league table/good garage guide thread I reckon. Although it could open a can of worms. Maybe not. :thumbdown:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts