Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The button for unlocking the car on the original key fob was gradually coming adrift. Purchased a new fob from ebay and installed the circuit board and battery into new case along with the old blade. I never removed the battery from it’s holder on the board. The key works when opening and shutting the car using the remote (and blade). However, the car will not start.
The spare key, which is not a remote, unlocks starts and locks the car.
So I tried the BSI reset.
However the remote key still will not start the car. Having said that it will after I have used the non-remote key in the ignition. Very odd!
The questions are; what could be the cause of this problem and how to solve it?

·
Registered
909 Posts
there is a little black chip in your old remote. Only a couple of mm square. this needs to be put in your new remote. Its for the transponder on your ignition barrel, your immobilser. Least you know your immobiliser works now lol

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
The button for unlocking the car on the original key fob was gradually coming adrift. Purchased a new fob from ebay and installed the circuit board and battery into new case along with the old blade. I never removed the battery from it’s holder on the board. The key works when opening and shutting the car using the remote (and blade). However, the car will not start.
The spare key, which is not a remote, unlocks starts and locks the car.
So I tried the BSI reset.
However the remote key still will not start the car. Having said that it will after I have used the non-remote key in the ignition. Very odd!
The questions are; what could be the cause of this problem and how to solve it?
is it pre facelift if so then there is a transponder chip in the old case that you need to swap over

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys sorted it looks as if I you have the old case. I have to disconnect the computer and router as we have a thunderstorm coming and any electrical equipment must be unplugged or it may get fried!
Maybe I have to report back tomorrow or very late tonight.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about the rush yesterday, but in this third world European country we have to disconnect all PCs, TVs, washing machine, well anything with a circuit board in because it can blow up even if the electrical strike is some way away.
Ok back to the key. I was dumb; I had read about the transponder chip but thought it was inside the circuit board for the key. That small back transponder I just thought was a bit of plastic casing. I was fortunate enough not to have thrown the old case out with the normal household rubbish, but I put it in the waste bag I have in the workshop. Therefore, I was lucky enough to be able to find it. I would hate to think of what it would have cost me for a new key with a transponder.

Many thanks again for quick replies they are all much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Sorry about the rush yesterday, but in this third world European country we have to disconnect all PCs, TVs, washing machine, well anything with a circuit board in because it can blow up even if the electrical strike is some way away.
Ok back to the key. I was dumb; I had read about the transponder chip but thought it was inside the circuit board for the key. That small back transponder I just thought was a bit of plastic casing. I was fortunate enough not to have thrown the old case out with the normal household rubbish, but I put it in the waste bag I have in the workshop. Therefore, I was lucky enough to be able to find it. I would hate to think of what it would have cost me for a new key with a transponder.

Many thanks again for quick replies they are all much appreciated.
you could of bought a new transponder chip and programmed to car but you do need code card and that costs £25 if you do not have and black chip is about £5

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I have the code, but no PP *near me unless I go to a main dealer.

* assuming one would need that to code the transponder.
I suppose another way around this would to use the transponder from the non remote key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts