Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here mother in laws car. I’m a skoda man myself (sorry haha)

So 54 plate 307 estate 1.6 hdi
She went to go out today and it wouldn’t start. Sounded like flat battery. Struggling to turn over.
Rac come out. They tested battery. Showed fine. He got in. Started it up. Started first time ... and has done all afternoon

But. Now I’ve noticed when you open doors the cd drive makes a noise like it’s ejecting cd. And the rear wiper goes ?

Everything working fine. Starts. Runs. Drives. Stops. Just these issues. I’m worried there’s something more here. Does anyone have any ideas ? Common issue ? Earth fault ?

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Did he load test or just voltage check? The indications are low battery power. You need to have the battery load tested and if it is good then when the car is running see what the battery voltage is to see if the alternator is working OK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for reply. Both. Running and not. Load test and voltage test. Maybe I’ll get it tested again elsewhere

·
Registered
718 Posts
check all your connections are good at the battery terminals,the positives that go to the starter and the earths that go from the battery to the bodywork and onto the gearbox,,if the battery is good then could simply be a bad earth,,fairly common problem
:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
The starting issue could be a failing starter motor - mine displayed similar symptoms - erratic/sluggish cranking on occasion before finally no start at all.
If it happens again after you now know the battery is good then be careful - the risk of a stranded mother-in-law is a real possibility, and you don`t want that...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes but why would that ONLY affect the cd and wiper if earth was bad enough to affect starting it normally stops everything working :)
You'd be surprised!

I forgot to fully tighten that top earth strap when i did my clutch, everything looked ok apart from starting and door locks were going mad

Thought i'd fried the BSI until we discovered the issue!

·
Registered
596 Posts
If it helps, my 307SW 2003 has been doing the "eject cd" on opening the door for ages, no other issue that i can pinpoint...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts