Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone please explain why my 2002 307 won't start and how to go about correcting the following issue.

Issue is:-
It is stuck in economy mode, remote central locking works, side lights work, but that's about all, engine turns over but won't start due to immobiliser I suspect.

Peugeot planet diagnosis of BSI immobiliser parameters shows the following readings:-

Engine control unit locked - no
Transponder marker recognised -yes
Number of keys learnt-2
Number of high frequency remote control commands learned -2
BSI paired with engine management-yes
Anti scanning BSI -no
Blank BSI- no

Do these readings read as they should? Peugeot planet global scan showed no other faults found in the cars ecus.
Any help would greatly appreciated.
Kind regards

·
Registered
72 Posts
I belive all looks ok. Try putting jump leads or fully charge the battery as if battery falls below 12 volt while cranking it will enter economy mode and could prevent starting. There is to many electronics that rely on good power supply.

J

·
0 Posts
I belive all looks ok. Try putting jump leads or fully charge the battery as if battery falls below 12 volt while cranking it will enter economy mode and could prevent starting. There is to many electronics that rely on good power supply.
There are also plenty of warnings about putting jump leads on a Peugeot :nod:

Follow the correct disconnection procedure, and fully charge the battery off the car.

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Your car will come out of economy mode once it starts

Economy mode IS NOT your problem

go into planet and check live data for crank signals no crank no start = low battery =economy mode :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for your replies and support.

I have since learnt economy mode comes on when battery is low and car wants to reduce power consumption to save what's left in the battery. Thus the reason why many non essential functions don't operate at this time.

I've experienced this before but car started then.

Is the system designed to not allow the car to start if the battery drops below 12 volts? Because it was cranking over quite strongly but refusing to fire up?

I charged the battery to the max, correctly reconnected it to the car, but car still won't start.

Immobiliser parameters still read as per my first posting. Car makes audible sounds when the key is left in ignition with drivers door open, indicating that it identifies correctly the transponder.

I did a peugeot planet actuator test on the coils 1/4 and 2/3 and both showed message 'short circuit to earth'.
Is the short circuit caused by the immobiliser or something else?
Could this issue be a fuse or relay problem?

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spot on dpmiller, just swapped coil pack, car started straight a way - problem solved at last.

Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto locking mode after economy mode?

Hi. i have had the same problem as this with economy mode after charging the battery it has worked again BUT not the car is in "Auto-lockin mode" and will not start?

The car cranks as is should, until the battery go's half dead and back into economy mode.. lol

the lights come on the dash as they should.
the ignition bong sounds as it should.
there dosent seem to be anything wrong at all?
i has checked for fault codes.. none.
left the battery off over night.. same prob in the morning.
tryed touching the live and earth wires as ive been told (by a RAC friend) this will reset the ecu.
tryed a brand new battery i had got for another car before i fitted it.

i seem to of tryed everything i can think of and what seems to be everything
that anybody on the internet can think of so it not the time to ask the question myself..

any ideas welcome because im stuck with this.

thanks in advance! :thumb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi. i have had the same problem as this with economy mode after charging the battery it has worked again BUT not the car is in "Auto-lockin mode" and will not start?

The car cranks as is should, until the battery go's half dead and back into economy mode.. lol

the lights come on the dash as they should.
the ignition bong sounds as it should.
there dosent seem to be anything wrong at all?
i has checked for fault codes.. none.
left the battery off over night.. same prob in the morning.
tryed touching the live and earth wires as ive been told (by a RAC friend) this will reset the ecu.
tryed a brand new battery i had got for another car before i fitted it.

i seem to of tryed everything i can think of and what seems to be everything
that anybody on the internet can think of so it not the time to ask the question myself..

any ideas welcome because im stuck with this.

thanks in advance! :thumb:
You did WHAT with the live and earth wires???? :eek:

·
Registered
315 Posts
on old (pre OBD) cars, disconnecting the battery and shorting the cables together to discharge any capacitors in the ECUs etc would remove codes.

/Not going to do much with today's tech tho...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem with my 206cc

went to start car, engine turning but wouldn't fire up
LCD displays ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE

After a few hours checking fuses and connection looked online for a solution - found a simple one that fixed the problem within 5 minutes

FILL OIL & WATER LEVELS - turned key and started 1st time

Looking into it french cars also have the ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE to prevent the engine being started to prevent damage from low oil & water levels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read this thread last night as my 307 broke down last night and I wanted to know the trade tricks before I gave up and called the recovery guy.

I was picking up daughter from work, waiting with engine running and air con operating, grand daughter gobbing off on the back seat. I didn't notice that the engine had stopped.

So the ignition remained on for 10 or 15 mins - on an old fashioned car, that might have burnt out the coil ?

Anyway. Got a lift back to the car this morning and checked the water, did the battery disconnect trick to reset the computer but no luck.

By now, the dash was indicating ECONOMY MODE but I think that this was purely because I had run down the battery a bit. (windows didn't work)

The only symptoms I had last night was that the trip milometer was taking ages to scroll through miles to next service/oil content/mileage

So the garage have just phoned to say the diagnostics suggest crank sensor or cam sensor. But I won't find out til Monday

All comments appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curny

Peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 2005 , stuck in Economy mode active , cant start car ,
nothing work Except the lights ,, so therefore no Diesel will be pumping through
any help at all would be Appreciated , Battery is fully Charged so whats going on

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.