Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Just trying to diagnose an issue with a 307 2.0 16v petrol from 2005.

Here's the basic outline ..

The cars got about 80k on the clock - not a lot of mileage.

It starts find but idles roughly till its warmed up then everything appears fine until it drops into limp mode.

Could this be an issue with the coolant temperature sensor ??

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers all.

Steve

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi all.

Just trying to diagnose an issue with a 307 2.0 16v petrol from 2005.

Here's the basic outline ..

The cars got about 80k on the clock - not a lot of mileage.

It starts find but idles roughly till its warmed up then everything appears fine until it drops into limp mode.

Could this be an issue with the coolant temperature sensor ??

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers all.

Steve
Hi Steve although common it's not always the coolant sensor, as always said on here get it diagnosed first with pegeout planet ,you will find someone local on here who will do it for free or a small charge that will save you hours of work and money in buying stuff you never needed, in my experience with the two litre petrol my rough idling was caused by a sticky throttle body stuck half open and the coil pack being slightly corroded ( made a big difference removing cleaning and re fitting the throttle body and coil pack) also check for oil build up in the air booster pipe or cracks in it, it is common on this engine for the lifters to be sticky which is another cause of the rough startup ,make sure your oil is perfect condition.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi - I'm having the same problem - take the advice and get the engine diagnosed by someone with PP2000 - mine looks to be carbon build-up on the exhaust valves - trying something later this week - will let you know how I get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts