Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Can other 307 users tell me if the mpg figure reported on the display is normally wildly optimistic I.e reported 53mpg got 41mpg.

With such a big discrepancy I wonder if the low fuel light would work

According to Haynes the tank is 60 ltr inyet I had a quarter tank showing and added 56 ltrs

Don't fancy running out of diesel

Thanks

Allan
Ps Aston was meant to be ask a question good old predictive text lol,, sorry

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
369 Posts
I thought mine was 2-3mpg out but after I blocked the EGR off and its almost spot on and am getting 4-5mpg more its a little smoother lower down too.
I am getting 50mpg if I take it easy.
Mines the 2.0hdi 136bhp engine so if anything you should get more.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you are only getting 41mpg and you drive it normal/steady and have serviced it properly I would get it on Planet and have a diagnostic done.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
MY last 307 was wildly optimistic, showing 72MPG when it was 56MPG.

The current one seems to be slighly lower than the real figure, last tank showed 48.3 but was 55.1. That was the first full tank to full tank refill so the next few should give me a good idea of what it's using.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info, yours is far closer than mine that's for certain. I have had the car about three weeks problem was after driving it home I found the corrugated pipe from the thermostat to the water pump had worn with the air filter not being on its bracket.

It was a hard job getting in changing the pipe and I decided while messing with coolant to change what seemed like the original thermostat. I bought one from a local factors it was stuck open second unit would not warm up ether so went back too old stat. The reason I mention this is I did 170 miles messing about out of a tank of fuel trying to get my gauge engine warm at that point I was getting 42mpg, at 500 miles it was upto 53.4mpg.

New tank 24 miles says average is 60+ somehow doubt that would be nice so really need to run a few miles on this tank then fill again see what it returns.

Mine is the 1.6 110 bhp former owner claimed 48 - 55 mpg

I have renewed filters oil and battery plus cleaned the egr valve I do have fault code p0489 that is intermittent

Thanks again

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
369 Posts
Most of my miles are on back roads and single roads at 60mph ish (never any traffic here) if I get it up to 70-80mph it drops a little. If I am in a rush it drops way under 40mpg.
I find the warmer the weather the better the mpg.
Is P0489 an EGR fault? I would block it up anyway I got my plate of ebay wasn't worth making one was round £5

1 - 11 of 11 Posts