Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have a 307 HDi 90 and am currently preparing it for its MOT and noticed that the horn isn't working.

After reviewing the internet (and this forum) I found the article about the common fault with the earth in the steering wheel.

I've just followed the guide, cleaned the connector put everything back together and it is still not working.

I've checked the fuse (even replaced with new to be sure) and that is fine. When I press the horn I can hear the relay clicking.

Couple of questions, where is the horn itself located (and what's the best/easiest way to access it) and does anyone have any other suggestions of what to check?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Its probably the same issue as 406s have. Corroded horn contacts.
Also, in the murky mists of time I vaguely recall my first 407 having a horn issue too which was the same problem.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All sorted thanks to all your advice. Removed the arch lining and tested the wiring and power was getting to the horn. Removed horn and wired direct to battery, nothing. Both horns dead. Replacement from Eurocarparts (other motor factors are available) and horn now working.

Thanks again, Adam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts