Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody pretty please help!
My car heaters seem to be stuck at top heat! And in this weather I can't take it!
It used to blow cold on passengers, hot on drivers. Now it blows red hot both sides! (Peugeot 307 2006)

I've seen a few threads about this but can't find a dummies guide!
I've taken off the plastics in the footwells and seen a white plastic cog which controls which vents are open; that works fine.
Where else am I looking and what else do I need to take apart? (I like taking things apart, just not putting them back together!

Help pleaseee!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
you need to check the plastic cogs shown in that thread for wear. if they are worn when you change from hot the cold the cogs wont move but the motor bit will

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen the little plastic wishbone looking thing, that moves fine.

I don't know where I'm looking to find these cogs :(

·
11,766 Posts
I see people are reading this post, but none want to help; fantastic -.-
That's a sure fire way to start a flame war.

There are two reasons people are reading this post and not replying:

1) Its being read by spambots which are rapidly clicking any link on the site in order to find a flaw to post spam.

2) People are reading and not able to help. Imagine this is a classroom and you're the teacher who's asked a question to the class. Would you expect every pupil to put their hand up and say "I don't know"?

Don't assume no reply means we don't care or are not sharing the answer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody fancy helping by giving a guide as to where this little black box with the cog is? :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that's the one I posted higher up ^
My neighbours had a look and says that cog is fine. It's the one it attaches to.... Apparently I need a whole new box? Does that sound right?

I would of thought as its another cog it would just pop off and replace?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been out and had a look myself now I know where the bit is!
Got my head in the footwell, took it apart and took some photos.

Let me know what you think?

First cog looks fine

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the part it joins to... Which has a tooth snapped off? I've gave it a good pull to see if it comes off and doesn't seem like it does, it seems like its connected to whatever is behind that plastic casing & that cog is just through the hole?

Sorry for the extra post, I'm on my phone and it only allows me to do one photo per post :/

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's one on the other side?!?!?
Couldn't see one there! Where's that? Same kind of place or behind glove box?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought a peugeot 307 two days ago and my blowers aren't working at all! The sweat has been dripping off me.

I'm hoping it's the resistor behind the dash.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would the kit repair the cog which is fixed to the centre and not the black box?
Sorry for sounding dumb, I'm just trying to understand it all and thought the repair kit was for the little black box which unscrews?

Not brave enough to take the glovebox apart so that'll have to wait for the weekend so my brother can do it lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I posted some photos up on my posts further up.

The little black box with the cog is completely fine, but the cog it rests on to when fitting it to the console has a tooth missing.
I haven't had chance to check the passenger side

Neighbour thinks it would need to be the whole heater box which needs replacing? I'm hoping it bloody isn't lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Photo attached of the drivers side black box with cog.
I thought this was the only bit the kit repaired....

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah that's what I thought.
Would one tooth snapped on the motor side (like mine) effect the temperature sticking at hot do you reckon?

Sorry for being a pain in the ass!! But I'm very grateful for the replies & help!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts