Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,

I want to change my head unit, and saw a nice pioneer on offer at Halfords for £65 from £99, however as my car is a 2005 I know it has the quadlock fitting and the square ariel connection.

Spoke with halfords and with the leads to get the steering controls working and the ariel came to over £60 for the leads is this right?

Also I need to wire in a live from the harness to the fuseboard, which having looked on google for a how to it seems even more cost there too making it not actually worth doing?

Are there any decent peugeot guides for this? Also would there be any issues in getting a double din unit over a single

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

P

·
0 Posts
Afternoon,

I want to change my head unit, and saw a nice pioneer on offer at Halfords for £65 from £99, however as my car is a 2005 I know it has the quadlock fitting and the square ariel connection.

Spoke with halfords and with the leads to get the steering controls working and the ariel came to over £60 for the leads is this right?

Also I need to wire in a live from the harness to the fuseboard, which having looked on google for a how to it seems even more cost there too making it not actually worth doing?

Are there any decent peugeot guides for this? Also would there be any issues in getting a double din unit over a single

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
Not surprised they want £60 for leads. Get them online and save yourself a bundle.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not surprised they want £60 for leads. Get them online and save yourself a bundle.
i guessed I could get them online any recommendations? Also what will I exactly need?

Also if i buy the quadlock to iso do i still have to get a live feed from some where??

EDIT: This is the head unit im looking at http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_1029955_langId_-1_categoryId_165655&cm_re=banner-_-satnav+Pages-_-pioneer360bt

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I have a quadlock to iso lead doing nothing if you want it then it's yours which will save you a bundle over the Halfords price.

Can't see why you would need to take a live between the fusebox/bsi to the harness though. The car quadlock should have all the live connecctions required i.e. permanent. BSI switched and ignition switched.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a quadlock to iso lead doing nothing if you want it then it's yours which will save you a bundle over the Halfords price.

Can't see why you would need to take a live between the fusebox/bsi to the harness though. The car quadlock should have all the live connecctions required i.e. permanent. BSI switched and ignition switched.
that would brill if you have one, much appreciated let me know how much.

I don't understand why it would need a permenant live feed either, but the guy in halfords said it would and the fly lead for it was in the pack but does seemodd as everything is there in the quadlock already

1 - 5 of 5 Posts