Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody got a cure for some sort of staining on the inside of my headlight , seems to be misty but its not condensation , keep walking by it and rubbing it but its on the inside,top end near indicator bulb.
can you get some sort of spray for the inside?

have to live with it if not.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
anybody got a cure for some sort of staining on the inside of my headlight , seems to be misty but its not condensation , keep walking by it and rubbing it but its on the inside,top end near indicator bulb.
can you get some sort of spray for the inside?

have to live with it if not.
nope, only way is to replace the headlamp.. its because the vacum has leaked.. you can try and clean it but then you will have condensation.. have you noticed if the boot behind the bulb is on or off ??

G

·
Hi

Can you take a picture?

I dont suppose you have fitted some carlos fandango headlamp bulbs have you? Could it be a coating from them that has burned off?

There is an old "BMW" trick to open sealed headlamps up so that you can mod or clean them.... if you are brave, get your oven gloves on....

David

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BestGear said:
Hi

Can you take a picture?

I dont suppose you have fitted some carlos fandango headlamp bulbs have you? Could uit be a coating from them that has burned off?

There is an old "BMW" trick to open sealed headlamps up so that you can mod or clean them.... if you are brave, get your oven gloves on....

David
one picture-
Vehicle door Automotive lighting Tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

carlos fandango bulbs , how dare you, i`ll have you know 90% brighter osram nightbreakers are the best (don`t put them on to often because they blow):lol: :lol:

and i`m i brave - Bok Bok BO-GAWK!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
my headlights are as watertight as the titanic.:lol: :lol:
titanic = new headlamp

start looking on ebay.. lol

G

·
Is the headlamp wearing a protector, or did you not mask off the headlamp when you resprayed the front of the car? :D :p (could not resist that!)

The ouside looks kinda "worn" which is an easy fix with a machine polisher and 10mins a lamp. I guess it will be the usual road rash and stone chips. I'm serious about that - lamps are easy to polish up as new.

I will have another look at the picture but I could not really see what you meant re yellow stuff inside.

The BMW trick is just that you can separate the lamp lense from the backing by carefully putting the unit in an oven - enough to soften the glue. Most lamps are assembled with an adhesive and not melted plastic. If replacement is the only other option, then its worth a try!

David

G

·
oh - other thought - might be worth upgrading to fogs at the front if you dont have them already and have to replace the headlamp units!

D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
BestGear said:
oh - other thought - might be worth upgrading to fogs at the front if you dont have them already and have to replace the headlamp units!

D
why go through the hasssle, they are going for £35.. If it had been the same for 607 I would replace them every year !

I fancy these though (see attached) wouldnt mind these...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
i like them , only problem they would make the rest of the car look sh*t.:(
ah... you know you want them.. go for it..

ur motor is good mate, nice color..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like the lacquer on the headlamp was aging. My brother's 307 is the same. I've had lamps on another car 'repaired' by wet flatting the lacquer off the lamp with wet n dry paper with plenty (1500 -very soapy water) and then re-applying the lacquer after a thorough clean.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You mentioned Osram Nightbreakers - I fitted these when the car went for it's test.

A few months later, driving during the evening, the Mrs said "You've got the lights on full beam."
Me: "No, I haven't."
Mrs: "You have! Look, it's like daylight!"
Me: :D EEEEEEEE - Extra special suder-duper bright Bulbs, at nearly twice the price as the OEM Philips jobbies."
Mrs: "Cor!"

1 - 20 of 62 Posts